Thread: can Tracfone use VoLTE on AT&T network? half of my town lost AT&T 3G signal since

Feedback Score

can Tracfone use VoLTE on AT&T network? half of my town lost AT&T 3G signal since

can Tracfone use VoLTE on AT&T network? half of my town lost AT&T 3G signal since the hurricane a few months ago....

not a problem for actual AT&T customers because their 4G LTE signal was restored a week later... in fact, it's been twice as strong as before... I have a prepaid AT&T spare phone and it **always** gets more than 80mbps download and 15mbps upload... if forcing the same AT&T phone to 3G bands, less than half of my town, mostly in the downtown area, CANNOT get any AT&T 3G signals.... the AT&T corporate store manager said that AT&T had no plans to fix that at all... since 99% of their customers are on 4G all the time

obviously that's a big problem for those who use Tracfone on AT&T network... because it required 3G for voice calls...

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As far as I know, AT&T has not let their MVNO's to have VoLTE yet unless you got it by accident. I know Cricket was the only one for while that supported VoLTE, but just recently, AT&T is letting their own prepaid users get VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    As far as I know, AT&T has not let their MVNO's to have VoLTE yet unless you got it by accident. I know Cricket was the only one for while that supported VoLTE, but just recently, AT&T is letting their own prepaid users get VoLTE.
    That's finally good news for those using AT&T not on Postpaid. Likely they will withhold some of the perks, maybe even HD Voice and Visual Voicemail. At least you can make calls and text on LTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    ...the AT&T corporate store manager said that AT&T had no plans to fix that at all... since 99% of their customers are on 4G all the time.
    A TF user reported quite a few months ago being told by an AT&T store manager in Florida that problems with the 3G towers may not be fixed. There are many articles from commercial users (not voice phone) stating new activations on the AT&T 3G network are ending, but not sure if that applies to voice phone users. AT&T is being less candid than Verizon has been about 3G shutdowns. End of 2021 maybe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    A TF user reported quite a few months ago being told by an AT&T store manager in Florida that problems with the 3G towers may not be fixed. There are many articles from commercial users (not voice phone) stating new activations on the AT&T 3G network are ending, but not sure if that applies to voice phone users. AT&T is being less candid than Verizon has been about 3G shutdowns. End of 2021 maybe.
    I had some medical equipment and truck tracking devices that relied on AT&T 2G a few years ago. When AT&T shuttered their 2G, the equipment manufacturers gave us free "upgrades" to the same equipment updated with 4G LTE modems. It was like a nice bonus because the updated equipment were much nicer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    I had some medical equipment and truck tracking devices that relied on AT&T 2G a few years ago. When AT&T shuttered their 2G, the equipment manufacturers gave us free "upgrades" to the same equipment updated with 4G LTE modems. It was like a nice bonus because the updated equipment were much nicer.
    Good insight of the bigger picture! Yes, the same thing happened for M2M users with the AT&T 2G shutdown end of 2016. T-Mobile offered easy activations to those users that would have had to replace equipment out-of-pocket. Might not happen now, as T-Mo has also been shutting down 2G/3G capacity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Good insight of the bigger picture! Yes, the same thing happened for M2M users with the AT&T 2G shutdown end of 2016. T-Mobile offered easy activations to those users that would have had to replace equipment out-of-pocket. Might not happen now, as T-Mo has also been shutting down 2G/3G capacity.
    yeah.. T-mobile 2G service in most parts of my state have also gone down the toilet, but I kind of expected that. (just not so soon)

Feedback Score
    At&t is the stingiest proceed provide when it comes to volte.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app