Thread: Red Pocket GSMA picture MMS ?

Feedback Score

Red Pocket GSMA picture MMS ?

Ported from ST to red mobile, using GSMA (ATT). Found out with an IPhone I can no send or receive MMS picture messages. Called in to RP and they stated nothing that can do. I’ve tried using some other APNs without success. Anyone else have any solution? I’ve searched and read some other posts on different sites also. I already paid for the 360 day 10gb a mo. Plan but without mms picture will have to loose my butt and switch to another provider (I send and receive picture mms messages daily) as I own a car dealership.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, unfortunately this is a commonly know issue with most ATT MVNO's. They refuse to pay Apple the required fee (ransom) to gain proper APN setting access. iMessage will still work, but not sure if you can use that to send massages to Android phones? Not sure if a 3rd party messaging app like Talkatone would provide a workaround?

Another alternative is to use Red Pocket Sprint. You will only have access to native Sprint signal (no roaming), so this only works in areas with good Sprint service.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dapursel View Post
    Ported from ST to red mobile, using GSMA (ATT). Found out with an IPhone I can no send or receive MMS picture messages. Called in to RP and they stated nothing that can do. I’ve tried using some other APNs without success. Anyone else have any solution? I’ve searched and read some other posts on different sites also. I already paid for the 360 day 10gb a mo. Plan but without mms picture will have to loose my butt and switch to another provider (I send and receive picture mms messages daily) as I own a car dealership.
    Either switch to the Sprint network on that RP plan, or request a refund. "2.We want you to be delighted with your purchase of this prepaid service. Within 14 days of activating the service, if you are not satisfied and have consumed fewer than 30 minutes, 30 texts or 30MB of data, we will refund your purchase in full." www.ebaystores.com/Red-Pocket-Store

Regarding picking another AT&T MVNO, the TF-related MVNOs that offer AT&T, and Pure TalkUSA, are set up to fully support iPhones on the AT&T network.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    . . . request a refund. "2.We want you to be delighted with your purchase of this prepaid service. Within 14 days of activating the service, if you are not satisfied and have consumed fewer than 30 minutes, 30 texts or 30MB of data, we will refund your purchase in full." www.ebaystores.com/Red-Pocket-Store
    Good point Boz!! Hopefully the OP hasn't used much data or made many calls.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Moto X4, Moto G5 Plus, Blu R1HD, several flip phones
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Lycamobile, Red Pocket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    The OP could always ditch the iPhone and go Android.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colecaz View Post
    The OP could always ditch the iPhone and go Android.
    Stop making sense!
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, hypersensitive, crass, immoral psychopathic traitor, narcissist liar committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19