Thread: Voicemail ?

Feedback Score

Voicemail ?

I have the Samsung Galaxy J3 phone on Tracfone. When I click on voicemail and hit the go it keeps cutting out every second or 2 . Makes it very hard to hear the message. Any idea what the problem is?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Packerjim View Post
    I have the Samsung Galaxy J3 phone on Tracfone. When I click on voicemail and hit the go it keeps cutting out every second or 2 . Makes it very hard to hear the message. Any idea what the problem is?
    Checking VM is the same as a voice call. Do you get drop outs on voice calls in the same location and time?

VM is a call to the carrier VM server. It does not go through Tracfone.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try accessing your voicemail box from another phone. Put your phone in Airplane mode so it'll be off the network. Call your cell phone number from another phone (cell phone, landline, Google Voice Hangouts, etc). When the voicemail system answers, press * to interrupt it, enter your password/PIN, then listen to your voicemail messages. If the messages have the same cutting out problem, then the problem is with Verizon's voicemail recording. If the messages sound normal, then your cell phone has a poor connection to Verizon's voicemail system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Try accessing your voicemail box from another phone. Put your phone in Airplane mode so it'll be off the network. Call your cell phone number from another phone (cell phone, landline, Google Voice Hangouts, etc). When the voicemail system answers, press * to interrupt it, enter your password/PIN, then listen to your voicemail messages. If the messages have the same cutting out problem, then the problem is with Verizon's voicemail recording. If the messages sound normal, then your cell phone has a poor connection to Verizon's voicemail system.
    It is press # for Verizon, * for AT&T.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It is press # for Verizon, * for AT&T.
    You're right.
    - For Verizon: press # to interrupt VM greeting, enter password/PIN, then press #.
    - For AT&T: press * to interrupt VM greeting, enter password/PIN, and nothing more.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Which Galaxy J3 do you have? There is at least three different Tracfone branded Galaxy J3. They are Sky, Luna Pro, and Orbit. Are you talking about the Voicemail app or dialing to voicemail? I know the Sky did not have Voicemail app while the Luna Pro and Orbit has the app. So when you said "click on voicemail," I am thinking you are talking about the app. Do not take this for sure since I have not done it, it sounds like you had the voicemail setup for the dial way. The Voicemail app is for Visual Voicemail, and it is not setup for Visual Voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Checking VM is the same as a voice call. Do you get drop outs on voice calls in the same location and time?

VM is a call to the carrier VM server. It does not go through Tracfone.
    If you are using Visual Voicemail it is not a call to the carrier, and you don't dial anything. The message is automatically sent as a data pack, and recorded on the phone. How you retrieve the message with VVM depends on if you have an app, or it's in the dialer. Not sure what you will find in a TracFone model. Either way, you can still access Basic voicemail by dialing.

From the OP's description it sounds like VVM. It has to be provisioned on your account, and the phone has to be capable just like VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    If you are using Visual Voicemail it is not a call to the carrier, and you don't dial anything. The message is automatically sent as a data pack, and recorded on the phone. How you retrieve the message with VVM depends on if you have an app, or it's in the dialer. Not sure what you will find in a TracFone model. Either way, you can still access Basic voicemail by dialing.

From the OP's description it sounds like VVM. It has to be provisioned on your account, and the phone has to be capable just like VoLTE.
    Good point.

The problem also could be that the caller was experiencing drop outs when leaving the message.

Feedback Score
    The problem also could be that the caller was experiencing drop outs when leaving the message.
    We don't know if this problem is with one or multiple voice messages.
    We don't know if it shows up in both Basic and Visual voicemail (if they have it).

Feedback Score
    It is a Galaxy J3 Luna Pro phone. These voicemails are from vendors , not people I know . At least yet. I open my phone and it shows missed call , but a voice mail. I click on it and and it plays but stops repeated ly and I have to click a whole bunch of times to hear the whole message.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So you are talking about Visual Voicemail. My dad had that issue, but I can't remember how I got it fixed.

Edit: I looked thru my bookmarks that I saved when my dad's J7 Sky Pro had the same issue, I had to clear cache of Voicemail app and reboot the phone. Since that, it has not broke again.
    Last edited by advcomp2019; 12-18-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Feedback Score
    I open my phone and it shows missed call , but a voice mail. I click on it and and it plays but stops repeatedly and I have to click a whole bunch of times to hear the whole message.
    Do these messages play without hesitation in the *86 dialed Basic voicemail or from another phone?
    How do you access the list of previously received Visual voicemails? (I don't have a branded TracFone).

Feedback Score
    loboheeler, Thanks for the reminder to hit *86 , that works fine. What I was doing was hitting reply when the message voicemail come up on the screen. That was when it would play for about 2 seconds and cut out and I would have to keep hitting the start button over and over. Most of my voicemail lately is from vendors .

Feedback Score
    loboheeler, Thanks for the reminder to hit *86 , that works fine. What I was doing was hitting reply when the message voicemail come up on the screen. That was when it would play for about 2 seconds and cut out and I would have to keep hitting the start button over and over. Most of my voicemail lately is from vendors .
    Again, where do you access the stored Visual voicemails? There should something with a cassette symbol O_O. It can be an app icon or in the main screen of the dialer. Will show a list of all the stored voicemails.