Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: These sub $200 unlocked phones?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    843
    Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0

    These sub $200 unlocked phones?

    Has to work on ATT (Red Pocket) in rural areas (skiing in VT). Verizon and Tmo would be nice.

    Moto G6 – 3GB/32GB, $200, 5.7", non-Amazon version, all networks

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079Z792J7

    Honor 7X, 3GB/32/GB, $169, 5.93", case, ATT and Tmo only

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078NCL7GJ

    LG Stylo 4, 3GB/32GB, 6.2" $180, Amazon version, all networks

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3QKRW1

    Leaning toward the LG. No C-connector or 5GHz wifi on the Honor. Moto costs more and screen is smaller. All 4.2 stars.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,597
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    The Motorola X4 32gb version is on sale at BH photo for $165 after 25$ off coupon. This is the 3gb Ram Amazon/Alexa version.

    The X4 64gb version is also on sale for $224 after same coupon code. This is the 4Gb ram with Android One.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    843
    Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    The Motorola X4 32gb version is on sale at BH photo for $165 after 25$ off coupon. This is the 3gb Ram Amazon/Alexa version.

    The X4 64gb version is also on sale for $224 after same coupon code. This is the 4Gb ram with Android One.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app
    Only 5.2" but still 16:9 so not as bad. Gets Pie. 3.7 stars at Amazon.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,954
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by raderator View Post
    Has to work on ATT (Red Pocket) in rural areas (skiing in VT). Verizon and Tmo would be nice.

    Moto G6 – 3GB/32GB, $200, 5.7", non-Amazon version, all networks

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079Z792J7

    Honor 7X, 3GB/32/GB, $169, 5.93", case, ATT and Tmo only

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078NCL7GJ

    LG Stylo 4, 3GB/32GB, 6.2" $180, Amazon version, all networks

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3QKRW1

    Leaning toward the LG. No C-connector or 5GHz wifi on the Honor. Moto costs more and screen is smaller. All 4.2 stars.
    I bought a Moto G6 Black Friday week for $189. Nice phone for the price, but does not have NFC if that is important to you. It's not to me. It works fine with Verizon on Tracfone and gets VoLTE. The signal reception is noticeably better than the Galaxy S4 it replaced.

    I don't know the other phones.

    What is a C-connector?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    843
    Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I bought a Moto G6 Black Friday week for $189. Nice phone for the price, but does not have NFC if that is important to you. It's not to me. It works fine with Verizon on Tracfone and gets VoLTE. The signal reception is noticeably better than the Galaxy S4 it replaced.

    I don't know the other phones.

    What is a C-connector?
    Replaces USB. Double-sided.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,954
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by raderator View Post
    Replaces USB. Double-sided.
    You mean USB-C? The Moto G6 has that. Being able to insert either way is nice, but now I have to keep two charge cables everywhere I have chargers. A lot of my other things are still micro USB.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,597
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by raderator View Post
    Only 5.2" but still 16:9 so not as bad. Gets Pie. 3.7 stars at Amazon.
    The extra gig of ram in the X4 64gb might be worth it for the future. Never thought phones with 2gb of ram would experience slowdowns. 3gb might not be enough.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    861
    Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    A co-worker just bought the LG Stylo 4 a few weeks ago. His only complaints are poor earpiece /speakerphone & middling battery life. You Tube videos sound very tinny.

    Only thing I see it is missing bands 14 & 30 for ATT. 14 not really that important, but would want to have band 30 if in your shoes. (Oops, I meant skis)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    811
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    You mean USB-C? The Moto G6 has that. Being able to insert either way is nice, but now I have to keep two charge cables everywhere I have chargers. A lot of my other things are still micro USB.
    I got a micro-USB/type-c adapter from dollartree that I think will let me use my normal cable to charge a USB-C phone but never used it yet.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    861
    Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Be careful with aftermarket USB-C cables / adapters.

    https://www.androidcentral.com/what-...s-and-adapters

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,954
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I got a micro-USB/type-c adapter from dollartree that I think will let me use my normal cable to charge a USB-C phone but never used it yet.
    Yeah, I saw and bought two of those. They work, but they are tiny little things. It is not a question of if they will get lost, but when.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,536
    Feedback Score
    0
    Out of those phones I'd go for the Honor 7X. Only reason I'd choose the Honor is because I've been sporting the Mate SE for the last month and can't believe how nice it is. My sim has not found it's way back into my LG-G6 since getting the Mate SE!!! It does everything well but really excels in call quality, reception and battery life. Yes, it uses mini USB but still charges really fast. I'm using it on Cricket and will be adding a second sim with a T-mobile MVNO.

    I tried a Moto G6 about a month ago but ended up returning it due to voice quality issues. My calling party couldn't understand me and I got sick of hearing "WHAT did you say??".

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    843
    Device(s)
    Motorola Q (PP w QNC)
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got the Honor. Should work well w ATT in rural areas. Nice blue color and comes with clear case so saves $10. I actually got two Huawei Ascend XT2s for $35 ea and sold one just so I could brag I got a phone for free. Should have kept it . Best phone I ever had and has 5GHz.

    My brother will never notice, probably. The only time 5GHz has really been of any value is when transfering pics to my PC using ES File Explorer. He doesn't know how to do that.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,656
    Feedback Score
    0

    These Sub $200 Unlocked Phones?

    I am feature driven. Phonescoop offers agood way to compare them to one another.

    https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/co...5769,5635,5773

    I also like CNETs reviews.

    https://www.cnet.com/reviews/motorola-moto-g6-review/




    We are currently on Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MVNO. With FirstNet/AT&T possibly offering better service in the future, I wanted a phone that will work well with all carriers in the US.

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...Mobile-Verizon

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,231
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Out of those phones I'd go for the Honor 7X. Only reason I'd choose the Honor is because I've been sporting the Mate SE for the last month and can't believe how nice it is. My sim has not found it's way back into my LG-G6 since getting the Mate SE!!! It does everything well but really excels in call quality, reception and battery life. Yes, it uses mini USB but still charges really fast. I'm using it on Cricket and will be adding a second sim with a T-mobile MVNO.

    I tried a Moto G6 about a month ago but ended up returning it due to voice quality issues. My calling party couldn't understand me and I got sick of hearing "WHAT did you say??".
    The Honor 7X / Mate SE have micro USB, not mini. Just fyi.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 12:29 PM
  2. WTB: GSM unlocked phone for under $200
    By raven0013 in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 09:28 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 07:16 AM
  4. LF: camera phone less than $200 unlocked
    By super_paws in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 06:05 PM
  5. wtb gsm unlocked phone in nyc 200-300$
    By bestjudge in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 07:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks