Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contact AT&T for poor reception?

Feedback Score

Contact AT&T for poor reception?

Our village here has no AT&T reception indoors (very poor outdoors), what's the proper way to contact AT&T see if they can install/upgrade tower nearby?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Mark the Spot App works well. I usually get feedback. If you are incorporated, your local government could contact AT&T directly as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    Mark the Spot App works well. I usually get feedback. If you are incorporated, your local government could contact AT&T directly as well.
    Great, thanks!

Feedback Score
    I've been using that app since it was first released and to this day AT&T is only usable at my house using WiFi calling. There are several hundred houses in this two block range with the same bad reception. I doubt things will change.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    I've been using that app since it was first released and to this day AT&T is only usable at my house using WiFi calling. There are several hundred houses in this two block range with the same bad reception. I doubt things will change.
    Yeah, unfortunately, it hasn't done me any good at home or at my parents' house, but other places I've used it, they have actually improved signal and let me know. I've been able to confirm at least a couple are actually better. Either way, it is the only way I know to let them know unless you are a large business or government customer.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Don't forget that indoor reception cannot be guaranteed as there are many factors outside the cellular network's control such as construction of the home, land terrain, trees, weather and others. You can purchase a cellular booster which may help, but it isn't cheap and won't guarantee coverage either.

The suggestion about "Mark the Spot" is a good one.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    What's the area you are in?

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    What's the area you are in?

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
    Me? I live in Durham, NC. Is my location not visible to others?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This prompted me to try the Mark the Spot app again (I tried it about 5 years ago and nothing improved).

In my comments, I noted that coverage worsened significantly over a year ago. When I re-connected to Wi-Fi it successfully sent the report, and I got a notification back saying "We are currently experiencing a technical issue in this area and are working hard to resolve it".

Yeah, right.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
    This prompted me to try the Mark the Spot app again (I tried it about 5 years ago and nothing improved).

In my comments, I noted that coverage worsened significantly over a year ago. When I re-connected to Wi-Fi it successfully sent the report, and I got a notification back saying "We are currently experiencing a technical issue in this area and are working hard to resolve it".

Yeah, right.
    Oh, you remind me my experience I had a similar situation.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post

Yeah, right.
    I wish they would be honest and just say, "we're not going to fix this."

Feedback Score
    With the help of cellmapper and another app, I found that my phone does not lock to the nearest tower, but rather the second nearest one. Is there a way to change it?

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    No, your nearest tower is not necessarily the best one for your location. It depends on many factors (i.e. how the panels are aimed, elevation, foilage, etc.) You can use the "Network Cell Info" app to see what neighboring tower(s) are available in your area.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    No, your nearest tower is not necessarily the best one for your location. It depends on many factors (i.e. how the panels are aimed, elevation, foilage, etc.) You can use the "Network Cell Info" app to see what neighboring tower(s) are available in your area.

Will the lite version suffice or do I need to get the $1.99 one in order to see nearby towers?

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    The lite version shows the actively connected tower & the 1st neighboring one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast