Thread: Verizon service in both eSIM and physical SIM. Two Verizon lines.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Verizon service in both eSIM and physical SIM. Two Verizon lines.

Will this work? I know only CDMA is supported at a time however could I activate CDMA on only one line and make the other line GSM/LTE only? Has anyone tried this?

Feedback Score
    Why though? I see the need for multi sim multi carrier, but can find no logical reason to have two completely separate lines with the same carrier.

Just put one line on Google voice and they'll both work flawlessly

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenTBK View Post
    Why though? I...can find no logical reason to have two completely separate lines with the same carrier.
    Your employer may provide you with a phone line that they expect you to use for business. Then you may have a personal line.

Should you leave your employer, you would lose access to your business phone number. Many online accounts/businesses/services are using cell phone numbers for two-factor authentication. Imagine having to go through and update you contact infomation for various bank and utility accounts if you left your job.

Do you have a work and a personal e-mail? Would you want to use your work e-mail for say your Apple ID?

There are people using the OnePlus 6T on Verizon in a LTE only mode. Some have reported calling Verizon technical support and having a setting changed to CDMA-less to get texting (SMS and MMS) to work correctly. Perhaps you could do this with one of the two Verizon lines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Good View Post
    Your employer may provide you with a phone line that they expect you to use for business. Then you may have a personal line.

Should you leave your employer, you would lose access to your business phone number. Many online accounts/businesses/services are using cell phone numbers for two-factor authentication. Imagine having to go through and update you contact infomation for various bank and utility accounts if you left your job.

Do you have a work and a personal e-mail? Would you want to use your work e-mail for say your Apple ID?
    In which case I'd have my personal number on Voice for $0, and the business on the device as the employer pays for it. I did just that for a couple of years, but just the opposite. Had a work only line on voice, and personally paid my line. More recently I moved the numbers around and had my personal on GoogleFi via eSim, work on voice, and "added a line" as data only just for extra coverage on Verizon. So no matter what sim or network I was on, both lines were always accessible.

Leaving the employer would not impact any personal 2FA, nor would changing devices, as your personal number is still yours regardless of device or line as it is super simple to port into and out of Google. Your personal number would remain completely accessible as long as whichever device you are on has internet access either via WiFi or LTE.

Still rather defeats the purpose of paying for your personal use Verizon line simply for the extra sim, when everything being attempted can be done for $0. Depending on who is paying for the data, that's a substantial savings in the hundreds of dollars per month, and shouldn't be ignored.

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It will totally work. I’m doing the exact same thing. I had Verizon for personal and business. I switched my personal to AT&T last week for the $45 unlimited prepaid. It worked flawless regardless of what apple and Verizon says.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    War is just a racket… it is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.
    Every war in history has been fought over control of resources (natural, monetary, or labor)