Thread: Total Wireless, Tracfone work-around for no volte

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force and Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, RedPocket, FreedomPop, Sprint
    Feedback Score

Total Wireless, Tracfone work-around for no volte

Hello, I am new here and have not been able to go through many discussions so it may have been solved for everybody already. The work-around I discovered for people who are unable to talk on the phone and use internet at the same time is to CHANGE THE DIALER.

I was able to use lte/4g volte but then they must have discovered it and cut it off of my phone because the option then was grayed out. So I changed the phone dialer and wouldn't you know miraculously it is working on all of my phones.

This will work for most LG phones and most Moto phones. I have a Moto G6 unlocked from Project Fi and I also have a Moto Z2 force unlocked from Sprint on there. The volte lte is working on both phones now that I have changed the google dialer.

I don't know who is at fault because Total Wireless kept saying that it has nothing to do with them and they have it turned on. It could be the Google dialer that is situated nicely inside of most new phones especially Motorolas. If it is Total Wireless at fault, I'm sure they will find a block once they read this. LOL!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    What did you change the dialer to?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What does the dialer do with the VoLTE that is on the SIM/account? We know VoLTE is on the SIM/account because people have had to do SIM swaps at time.

Feedback Score
    And the miracle dialer you're using is ??? ...

Please advise...

Thanks for your time ...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    This whole thread doesn't seem to make any sense!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    First, do you have the same phones I spoke about in the post? Second, most people using Total Wireless have the native dialer. The native dialer is through google. There is some type of connection with using that dialer and getting the volte. You should not need another sim card if you bought your phone in the last year. I am using SimplerApps dialer. Install that one and use it and see if you are able to use the internet and talk on your phone at the same time and please let me know. Thank You.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    And the miracle dialer you're using is ??? ...

Please advise...

Thanks for your time ...
    Hey let me know after you change to SimplerApps dialer from the google store if you are able to use both.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    SimplerApps dialer. Can you let me know if this helps you? This should work through most Total Wireless, Net10 and other Tracfones. I do not know why but the google dialer causes the lte to go off for the internet whenever you are on the phone. This is for unlocked phones that were purchased elsewhere and not from the company itself. All of my total wireless phones that I actually bought from Total Wireless are able to get LTE/Volte. The Samsung J3, J7 and LG Stylo 3 from total wireless get LTE/Volte.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Perphexion View Post
    SimplerApps dialer. Can you let me know if this helps you? This should work through most Total Wireless, Net10 and other Tracfones. I do not know why but the google dialer causes the lte to go off for the internet whenever you are on the phone. This is for unlocked phones that were purchased elsewhere and not from the company itself. All of my total wireless phones that I actually bought from Total Wireless are able to get LTE/Volte. The Samsung J3, J7 and LG Stylo 3 from total wireless get LTE/Volte.
    Quote Originally Posted by myun View Post
    What did you change the dialer to?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    What does the dialer do with the VoLTE that is on the SIM/account? We know VoLTE is on the SIM/account because people have had to do SIM swaps at time.
    Yes, some people will have to do SIM swaps to match the phone's IMEI. But even after that sometimes they cannot talk on the phone and be on the internet at the same time. The issue is with the dialer, not the service. The native dialer causes some type of interruption. Try it first please and let me know if it helps.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Perphexion View Post
    Yes, some people will have to do SIM swaps to match the phone's IMEI. But even after that sometimes they cannot talk on the phone and be on the internet at the same time. The issue is with the dialer, not the service. The native dialer causes some type of interruption. Try it first please and let me know if it helps.
    I can do voice and data with no issue with the default dialers on the phones that I have used. I have not seen a drop of data since getting VoLTE. Before that my Galaxy S4 was my favorite phone because it was SVLTE phone. There was too many phones without VoLTE in the middle, but I would go back to the Galaxy S4.

I am not sure still how a dialer would make a different since the default dialer works just fine.

Edit: I have used my SIM in Verizon Motorola Turbo 2, Verizon Moto Z Force, Verizon Moto Z2 Force, and even a few unlocked phones that talk about working with Verizon because I was testing for VoLTE. The only phone that did not work with VoLTE was the unlocked Moto G4 Play because it does not support Verizon's VoLTE system.

Feedback Score
    I will have my buddy with x4 try this out