Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Straight talk iPhone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0

    Straight talk iPhone

    Will a straight talk iPhone work on tracfone?

    Walmart has the iPhone 6 for$100

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-...12&athena=true


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    537
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would think so. The Verizon based Tracfone phone seem to be the easiest to switch brandings. Tracfone owns Straight Talk if you did not know that. There was a number of threads about this, but most of the threads are in the PagePlus area which PagePlus is another Tracfone brand.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    632
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a Straight Talk iphone SE that I purchased at Walmart. It came with a Verizon sim card but I put in an activated BYOP ATT tracfone
    sim card before powering it up. Phone works just great - pictures sent and received no problem.

    There was some talk that the phone locks onto whatever sim card is in it when powered up but I don't know about this theory.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I would think so. The Verizon based Tracfone phone seem to be the easiest to switch brandings. Tracfone owns Straight Talk if you did not know that. There was a number of threads about this, but most of the threads are in the PagePlus area which PagePlus is another Tracfone brand.
    Sweet. I’m hoping so. $100 for an iPhone 6 is pretty good. ESP with no iPhone SE deals out there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I have a Straight Talk iphone SE that I purchased at Walmart. It came with a Verizon sim card but I put in an activated BYOP ATT tracfone
    sim card before powering it up. Phone works just great - pictures sent and received no problem.

    There was some talk that the phone locks onto whatever sim card is in it when powered up but I don't know about this theory.
    Good to know. It’ll be here next week



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    632
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    Good to know. It’ll be here next week
    I like the SE so much (because of the size) that when I found out how easy it was to set up I bought a second one and stashed it away. Don't know if Apple will make small phones again. To me, all of the phones are too big for easy carrying.

    Let us know how it works out.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    259
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I have a Straight Talk iphone SE that I purchased at Walmart. It came with a Verizon sim card but I put in an activated BYOP ATT tracfone
    sim card before powering it up. Phone works just great - pictures sent and received no problem.

    There was some talk that the phone locks onto whatever sim card is in it when powered up but I don't know about this theory.
    I recently purchased a SE from Straight Talk to use on TracFone to see how I like IOS. I used the sim card provided with the phone (Verizon) & it activated just fine on TracFone. Did the online activation on TracFone's website & it took about 5 minutes. Couldn't have gone any easier.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    near Lake Michigan
    Posts
    1,234
    Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I like the SE so much (because of the size) that when I found out how easy it was to set up I bought a second one and stashed it away. Don't know if Apple will make small phones again. To me, all of the phones are too big for easy carrying.

    Let us know how it works out.
    Weiden, do you know if your SE's are VoLTE capable? OP might be bummed if it poops out next year...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    299
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Weiden, do you know if your SE's are VoLTE capable? OP might be bummed if it poops out next year...
    Yes, the iphone SE has VOLTE.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    632
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes under Settings, Cellular Data user can "enable voice LTE" or turn "off". Of course i have no idea what i am talking about but went online and read how to check if SE is VoLTE capable.

    Sent from my SM-T380 using HoFo mobile app

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    311
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Weiden, do you know if your SE's are VoLTE capable? OP might be bummed if it poops out next year...
    I read a blurb from Apple somewhere, 6 and above will do VoLTE - and includes the SE. So really 5 or 5s and below, no go.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    259
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by slamsome View Post
    I read a blurb from Apple somewhere, 6 and above will do VoLTE - and includes the SE. So really 5 or 5s and below, no go.
    Yes, SE is definitely VoLTE capable, as I read in researching it before buying one. It was released for Apple diehards who wanted to stay with the 4" screen. It's basically a smaller version of the 6s, which has a 4.7" screen.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,785
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    Yes, SE is definitely VoLTE capable, as I read in researching it before buying one. It was released for Apple diehards who wanted to stay with the 4" screen. It's basically a smaller version of the 6s, which has a 4.7" screen.
    I think it was also for some foreign markets where there was a need for a lower priced phone.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    632
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    Yes, SE is definitely VoLTE capable, as I read in researching it before buying one. It was released for Apple diehards who wanted to stay with the 4" screen. It's basically a smaller version of the 6s, which has a 4.7" screen.
    I use one and I am not a diehard Apple fan, but a diehard 4” screen fan. And not those lousy Tracfone branded phones.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    5,580
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    I use one and I am not a diehard Apple fan, but a diehard 4” screen fan. And not those lousy Tracfone branded phones.
    The statement "lousy Tracfone branded phones" is a slam to lots of users that have enjoyed some decent models that have came out in the last year or so. Enjoy your puny overpriced "iFruit" without such harsh criticisms of other's choices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. can I change # on my straight talk iphone?
    By mikec35 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM
  2. $45/mo Straight Talk iPhone vs $56/mo Sprint iPhone
    By Stin in forum SERO/Discounts & Deals
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 03:27 PM
  3. Straight Talk iPhone vs Sprint iPhone
    By Stin in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM
  4. Adding minutes to my Straight Talk Iphone
    By jasonwl377 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
  5. Straight Talk iPhone
    By Tr0gd0r in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 12:50 AM

Bookmarks