Thread: Have to approve each time before I get a voicemail.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Have to approve each time before I get a voicemail.

Every single time someone leaves a voicemail, I have to OK it, something to do with visual voicemail, and charges (data) will apply. I've got a Rebel 4 on VZ. Nothing in the settings addresses this, did not have this issue with my previous smartphones on with Tracfone. I don't really care too much about visual voicemail, but I'll take it if it's offered but mainly I want to get rid of having to "approve" a voicemail.

Name:  content___com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.CommonContentProvider_assist.com.google.androi.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  26.6 KB

Feedback Score
    For Verizon VVM to work, you must have cellular data turned on. It does not work over WiFi. If you have cellular data on when you get the VVM notification, you should not get that popup.

Feedback Score
    Yep, VVM goes over the LTE data network. It may give notices over the voice network though.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Ok then, how do I avoid having to see the message each time if I'm not willing to turn on data?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LGester View Post
    Ok then, how do I avoid having to see the message each time if I'm not willing to turn on data?
    Does it work with data on? Should then download any messages in the Que. You might be able to turn off Visual Voicemail. Check in the dialer settings or the app if you have one. VVM differs between phone models.