Thread: Hotspot hard data cap

Feedback Score

Hotspot hard data cap

I just got the text below and my hotspot stopped working. When I enter a link on the hotspot it redirects to the boost mobile website.

You've exceeded your mobile hotspot usage cap of 12288mb. Usage will be available when your new plan month begins.

I have the $50 unlimited plan at a promo price of $25.

Before I had the 3 GB $35/30 plan and after 3 GB got throttled to 128 kbps and often used over 13 GB on hotspot.

So it seems like on my new plan hotspot has a hard data cap.

Is anyone else getting a hotspot hard data cap like me?

Feedback Score
    The fine print sounds like all the unlimited plans $50 and over have a hard data cap on the hotspot.

I was told the old $50 8 GB plan had hotspot throttled at 2g.

Since I have a $25 promo price I guess I should not complain but I think most other carrier unlimited plans don't have hard data caps on hotspot.

I use over 12 GB hotspot just with web browsing and not including video steaming.

All Plans
    Include 50 domestic voice roaming minutes (sel. devices). Int’l. svcs. extra. Unlimited services are on-network only. Unlimited 4G LTE data where available. $35 plan, after 3GB, speeds reduced to 2G. Family Plan: Up to 5 lines total. Primary responsible for monthly pymt. for all lines & its add-ons. Secondary lines pay their one-time/add-on purchases. Mobile Hotspot, VPN & P2P Limits: 12GB on the $50 plan; 30GB on $60 plan; 50GB on $80 plan. $35 plan, usage draws from high-speed data then reduced to 2G speeds. Other Terms: Total plan price includes services, taxes and fees. Pymt. due on monthly pymt. date or acct. will be suspended. Sufficient funds must be added within 120 days of suspension or acct. will expire & acct. balance will be forfeited. No annual svc. contracts. Offers/coverage not avail. everywhere or for all phones/networks. Sprint 4G LTE network reaches over 300 million people. Boost reserves the right to change or cancel offer at any time. Prohibited network use rules & other restrictions apply. See boostmobile.com or store for details.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I just got the text below and my hotspot stopped working. When I enter a link on the hotspot it redirects to the boost mobile website.

You've exceeded your mobile hotspot usage cap of 12288mb. Usage will be available when your new plan month begins.

I have the $50 unlimited plan at a promo price of $25.

Before I had the 3 GB $35/30 plan and after 3 GB got throttled to 128 kbps and often used over 13 GB on hotspot.

So it seems like on my new plan hotspot has a hard data cap.

Is anyone else getting a hotspot hard data cap like me?
    The older 3G phones with hotspot have unlimited hotspot with the first few GBs at 1.2mbps and then when the monthly high speed GB allowance is used up then there is unlimited hotspot at 46-145kbps. The newer 4g phones provide hotspot at 4.7 mbps until 12GB of usage and then cutoff completely. Verizon and T-Mobile prepaid have unlimited hotspot at 600kbps and 512kbps but at higher costs of $65 and $50 per month

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using HoFo mobile app