Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Needs directions (How) to setup Google V as a primary Voicemail whilst being on Red P

Feedback Score
    No and yes(possibly if I spent more hours working on it) ) because I feel something else is missing that's needed to do. I think it may work but personally it could have failed do to user error(doubt it) or a setting or tweak perhaps on the GV website. I'm using a 3rd party alternative to GV I wish I knew of.If anyone out there can't deal with GV working properly you have got to try YouMail. It is user friendly at least for me on the GSMA side and has "live" CS unlike Google. Seriously folks.It's awesome. And free. It's my current Voicemail system and I love it! I don't even care about using GV now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did this work for you?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If youmail works then gv should work too. Both rely on and require conditional call forwarding.

The problem with youmail is all the ads they start spamming you with after a while.

Feedback Score
    I think 1 ad on a visual voicemail is worth the price of admission personally. I followed the GV instructions to a T with no luck except bad. Maybe I didn't setup the phone correctly on the GV website IDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    If youmail works then gv should work too. Both rely on and require conditional call forwarding.

The problem with youmail is all the ads they start spamming you with after a while.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by july11 View Post
    I think 1 ad on a visual voicemail is worth the price of admission personally.
    Agreed, but I find GV's voicemail transcription to text/email much more valuable (at least to me). Unfortunately, Youmail charges for that feature.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @july11 Give it time. They'll be spamming you all the time to sign up for their paid services. I was with them for 2 years before I finally get fed up with all the nonsense and went to gv.

Feedback Score
    dude I can't get GV to work,I'm sure you can appreciate the headache. Why did Youmail setup in 2 minutes and work and why so many issues with GV? I'm listening if anyone has real solution for interaction of GV Voicemail for GSMA on Red Pocket including step by step instructions on the GV website if needed. After all you did say you use it yourself. Explain the setup to the world if you really want to help. I for one would appreciate it. For now I control the ads by not installing the APP on the phone,I set it up on the laptop. Customer service said the app is only a convenience.
    @july11 Give it time. They'll be spamming you all the time to sign up for their paid services. I was with them for 2 years before I finally get fed up with all the nonsense and went to gv.

Feedback Score
    It seems like the real solution is in post #12.

Feedback Score
    @Boz--- You test?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by july11 View Post
    @Boz--- You test?
    No. I haven't had a real phone # since March, 2017. But two other posters above report that it works.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @july11, I'm not sure what your issue. Post #12 is 99.9% complete about how to set this up. The only thing missing is the number has to start with a +1, so +11231231234 if your gv number is 1231231234. Even with the +1 missing, it should of been obvious based on the existing number there before you changed anything.

I just retested this with the gsma phone (a moto g4 play). I turned off all 3 forwarding options. Dialed the cell # and it just rang and rang for about a minute before timing out. Added back the gv # for the 3 forwarding options then dialed again. This time it went to gv vm after ~30 seconds of ringing.

Re youmail spam, wait til your mailbox starts filling up with their crap.

Feedback Score
    I suppose i will delete the YouMail account in full then try again. I don't want YouMail to interfere with the attempt. thanks
    @july11, I'm not sure what your issue. Post #12 is 99.9% complete about how to set this up. The only thing missing is the number has to start with a +1, so +11231231234 if your gv number is 1231231234. Even with the +1 missing, it should of been obvious based on the existing number there before you changed anything.

I just retested this with the gsma phone (a moto g4 play). I turned off all 3 forwarding options. Dialed the cell # and it just rang and rang for about a minute before timing out. Added back the gv # for the 3 forwarding options then dialed again. This time it went to gv vm after ~30 seconds of ringing.

Re youmail spam, wait til your mailbox starts filling up with their crap.

Feedback Score
    @GPZ1100 update-youmail cancelled. Turned off all 3 forwarding options and in response received a popup your carrier does not allow disabling. Called my cell and it went to the native voicemail unlike the fact yours kept ringing.Proceeded to manually remove the carrier prefillled VM number from all 3 forwarding options and successfully populated those fields with my Google Voice number. Finally called my cell again it rang several times and went directly to a busy signal tone instead of GV answering with it's voicemail. I even made sure the +1 was present in all 3 forwarding options.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So it now goes to gv vm when a call is unanswered? What changed this time from the last times you tried setting this up? Btw, disabling forwarding is not necessary prior to updating with the gv number. It's strange that in this area (chicago), the system allows conditional call forwarding to be totally disabled, yet yours doesn't.

I should point out, on my cricket line, I too wasn't able to disable entirely until customer service did something to the account when I called in to turn off vm entirely.

Feedback Score
    Unanswered a caller gets the busy signal even though all 3 forwarding options have my Google Voice number. Last time I experienced this same scenario. Maybe I should ask Chat at Red Pocket to disable voicemail and hope it works.
    So it now goes to gv vm when a call is unanswered? What changed this time from the last times you tried setting this up? Btw, disabling forwarding is not necessary prior to updating with the gv number. It's strange that in this area (chicago), the system allows conditional call forwarding to be totally disabled, yet yours doesn't.

I should point out, on my cricket line, I too wasn't able to disable entirely until customer service did something to the account when I called in to turn off vm entirely.

Feedback Score
    What happens if you dial your GV # directly? Are you able to leave a voicemail?

Is "Activate Google voicemail on this phone" enabled for the phone in question in your GV account?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast