Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Needs directions (How) to setup Google V as a primary Voicemail whilst being on Red P

Feedback Score
    @Boz1 Yes I can leave a message if I dial my GV #. Below is a clip on my GV web page. I put the zeros in though.
    Your Google Voice Number
    (000) 000-0000
    Change / Port
    Delete Transfer
    Forwards calls to:
    You have not registered any phone.
    Add a phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by july11 View Post
    @Boz1 Yes I can leave a message if I dial my GV #. Below is a clip on my GV web page. I put the zeros in though.
    Your Google Voice Number
    (000) 000-0000
    Change / Port
    Delete Transfer
    Forwards calls to:
    Add a phone
    So you didn't even follow the directions in my first reply above? Why didn't you do that? Shouldn't that have been your first step?

Feedback Score
    I added the phone in question yesterday on the GV website and selected the option to activate voicemail on this phone to no avail. Even after following the Code it asked me to dial on my phone. End result was the first result before I did that which was the caller gets a busy signal.After that failure I removed the phone entirely and went back to YouMail yesterday. Are you suggesting I Add my mobile phone back in and retry Adding the phone, and selecting Activate voicemail on this phone, and dial the Code once more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    So you didn't even follow the directions in my first reply above? Why didn't you do that? Shouldn't that have been your first step?

Feedback Score
    I added the phone in question yesterday on the GV website and selected the option to activate voicemail on this phone to no avail. Even after following the Code it asked me to dial on my phone. End result was the first result before I did that which was the caller gets a busy signal.After that failure I removed the phone entirely and went back to YouMail yesterday. Are you suggesting I Add my mobile phone back in and retry Adding the phone, and selecting Activate voicemail on this phone, and dial the Code once more?
    Yes, and if that doesn't work, then carefully follow the instructions in post 12, including the +1 as described by GPz1100.

Feedback Score
    @Boz Finished all the above. GV Not answering. Not sure why it still says No registered phone below.
    Your Google Voice Number
    (000) 000-0000
    Change / Port
    Delete Transfer
    Forwards calls to:

Phone 23 (AT&T)
    (000) 000-0000 - Mobile
    Receive text messages on this phone - disabled since you've opted in to send and receive SMS in Hangouts
    Notify me of new voicemails via text

Edit

Delete
    Deactivate Google voicemail on this phone Help_dark
    Add another phone

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Can you post a screen shot of the whole page.. Obfuscate the person info.

Feedback Score
    Name:  GV.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  35.3 KB screen shot

Feedback Score
    Did you follow the instructions in post 12, including the +1 as described by GPz1100?

Feedback Score
    Yes I made sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did you follow the instructions in post 12, including the +1 as described by GPz1100?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've never seen that "not registered any phones" message. I'd try deleting the cell # and re-adding it.

Feedback Score
    Name:  voice.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  22.7 KB

Here's what I'm working with now. Compared to the above screen shot.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So google voice mail picks up now? Just so you know, you don't have to forward calls to have working gv vm (just tested this too).

Although different from your scenario, in my usage I use the gv # as my main #. In phone settings I actually have CCF disabled entirely. If someone calls the carrier # it'll ring for a minute then time out if unanswered. How do I know they're calling the carrier # and not my gv #? Easy, about the only calls that come through to the carrier number share its NPA-NXX sequence, otherwise I'll typically answer if it's a local call.

Feedback Score
    I wish google voice picked up but at least the phone not registered went away. I'm wondering if I need to have RedPocket turn off My voicemail on their end, you think that would help? I still get a busy signal when I call my cell number. I did try to disable the 3 call forward fields on my phone but it says the carrier does not allow this. Not sure how you can turn yours off and I can't.

Feedback Score
    I wish google voice picked up but at least the phone not registered went away. I'm wondering if I need to have RedPocket turn off My voicemail on their end, you think that would help? I still get a busy signal when I call my cell number. I did try to disable the 3 call forward fields on my phone but it says the carrier does not allow this. Not sure how you can turn yours off and I can't.
    No, you don't NEED to have RP turn off VM.

Why are you trying "to disable the 3 call forward fields"? I thought you said you followed the instructions in post 12, including the +1 as described by GPz1100.

I'm guessing different device brands/models simply operate differently. But this is NOT what you want in the end, anyway!

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    July11, dumb it down for us, how exactly are you testing? What number are you dialing from?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast