Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Needs directions (How) to setup Google V as a primary Voicemail whilst being on Red P

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hey I got some breaking news. RP CS just told me google voicemail won't work unless voicemail is disabled from the Red Pocket end. Hold everything.. I will let you know what happens. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    July11, dumb it down for us, how exactly are you testing? What number are you dialing from?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I never had to contact customer service to get this going. Please answer the question.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by july11 View Post
    Hey I got some breaking news. RP CS just told me google voicemail won't work unless voicemail is disabled from the Red Pocket end. Hold everything.. I will let you know what happens. Thanks
    That's not accurate, at least based on the reports from those on RP AT&T with working GV VM.

You also never answered: Why are you trying "to disable the 3 call forward fields"?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    July11, dumb it down for us, how exactly are you testing? What number are you dialing from?
    Great question. To answer what number I'm dialing from that would be from my google voice number within the dialer within my Gmail page. That's how I test. I realize now that is probably wrong way to test. Also CS disabled my RP voicemail. I ran another test call to my RedPocket native number FROM my PHONE this time and miraculously my (Google Voicemail)answered it for the first time. I'm afraid to mess with any settings from this point. I think this is setup correctly????? Thanks to everyone who has helped thus far btw. So the test call from my phone led to my google voicemail indeed. Am I finished? Is there any other tests to perform? Also let it be known,RP GSMA Voicemail does in fact need to be disabled for Google voicemail to integrate.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's not accurate, at least based on the reports from those on RP AT&T with working GV VM.

You also never answered: Why are you trying "to disable the 3 call forward fields"?

It may not be accurate but It's what I had already done on my own given the circumstances. Was it necessary to disable it from the RP side? I don't know,I had to try something different.
    I tried to turn off the 3 call forwards just to eliminate RP from the equation and then I populated the fields with my google voice number. Take note that when I tried to turn off the 3 call forwards I always got the error message that The carrier RP will not allow this function. So I felt a call to Red Pocket was due to have them disable voicemail. thanks

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    WRONG! That's not how you test. The proper way is to use a number unrelated to your carrier number or gv number (or any of its forwarding numbers). That explains the busy signal.

When you change the conditional forwarding numbers to your gv number that indirectly disables the carrier voice mail.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This was EXHAUSTING!

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ^^Proves the GIGO theory.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ok guys thank you for hanging in there with me,I was close to quitting. I'm going to enjoy the current status of things as they are. Amazing ride.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had a user on red pocket GSMA that tried to switch his voice mail to you mail and everything got screwed up. There was some issues earlier this year on Red pocket GSMA and voice mail. I don't know what exactly but We just couldn't figure out how to make it work. So he missed a lot of calls or they went straight to voice mail. Red pocket and youmail had us messing with phone dialer settings but with no good results. We eventually got his phone off of it.

But for me on PagePlus(Verizon), I have had my number call forwarded to my voice/Hangouts number by using *72 call forwarding and voice mail has been handled by Google without issue.

Sent from my SM-N910V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow! All of this problem because of not using a different phone/number to call from. Feel sorry for you guys trying to help! I too thought everyone knew that? Guess not lol

On the plus side, I did get this to work for my TMO and AT&T #'s on tracfone (I know not the same as RP in this thread), so you did help me . At least all your effort was not in vain.

I did the code thing on my phone from the GV website instructions. That seemed to basically change 3 forward #'s, but I still had to change the voice mail #'s manually to same #. In the end it works great, but it does use voice minutes from TF, but worth it for transcribed VM messages. Normally I use my Hangouts or GV to check messages on carrier # as to not use minutes, but this is much more convenient.

Thanks for the info

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4