Thread: Thread already about the hotspot 8800l?

Feedback Score

Thread already about the hotspot 8800l?

I couldn’t find any but was wondering if there is a thread about it or not ? Or if anyone has this hotspot and their impressions? Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    there is - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-Verizon-8800L
    but not much is being said.

Feedback Score
    The performance is exactly like the 7730L, just faster in certain locations. And like the 7730L the data connection will drop after a certain time period at least for me. My Cradlepoint router is more reliable in the data connection department, rarely dropping a connection for months.

No 3G fallback for the 8800L if that is important to you. There are still places like Kayenta, AZ that only have 3G.

I had 2 copies and both exhibited identical performance. I did not use USB tether option. All the tests were done via WiFi.

I was hoping the 8800L would be more reliable so I could just use it with a Macbook Pro 15 for my needs (phone and other data requirements). For it us back to the iPad Pro 11 and Macbook for phone and computing needs.

For those wondering I don’t have a phone of any kind, dumb or smart.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I've had the 8800L for almost two weeks, and I'm also having issues with it dropping connections and randomly rebooting. This has also been confirmed at rvmobileinternet.com in their review of the unit. At the very top of the article, they state:

"Since the release of the 8800L, we have been fielding a number of reports of network dropouts and spontaneous reboots of this device. As best we can tell, not all units are impacted, as many have had no issues at all.

We have been in direct touch with Inseego on this issue since mid-November and have sent them several member's logs. They are currently in diagnostics to track this down. We'll update this space with any resolution.

It's too soon to know if the issues will be fixable with a firmware update, or if it's a hardware issue that will require a warranty replacement."

My two week return period is up tomorrow, and I'm debating whether or not I should eat the $50 restocking fee or just keep it and hope for a firmware fix. I also have a T1114 modem to use in the meantime, but since it's limited to Bands 4/13 and has no carrier aggregation, it's noticeably slower, but makes up for that with it's rock solid reliability.

I really want to like the 8800L, so I hope they figure out the issues with it soon.

Feedback Score
    The 6620L and 7730L should both be pretty solid units at this point and are relatively cheap second hand, they also have much better band and CA support than the T1114 or smart hub.
    The 8800L's stability will likely improve but when and if a FW update to fix it will be released is anyone's guess.
    My guess is 6 months to a year after whenever it was initially released.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canon1dxii View Post
    The performance is exactly like the 7730L
    Not even close 4X4 MIMO CBRAS band 48 ) support. which Verizon should be start using later this year.

LTE Category: 18 (DL) / 13 (UL) LTE Bands: B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B13/B14*/B20/B28/B46/B48*/B66 UMTS Bands: B1/B2/B5/B8

Feedback Score
    I've had the 8800L for about a month now on post paid. Mine has rebooted I think twice during this time. Not really a problem problem so far. The dropped connections for me are between Verizon and the jetpack. It only last a few seconds and barely noticeable. The connection between the jetpack and my iPad pro/Macbook pro are solid. Still hoping a firmware upgrade will fix it.

Feedback Score
    Quick update on my experience with the 8800L - I went to the Verizon store a couple days ago telling them about the dropped connections and reboot problems I've been having, and they replaced it on the spot, which was great. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem with the new unit, so I'm taking it back to get a refund today. I love the blazing speeds and access to all the active bands in my area (2,4,5 and 13), but it's just too buggy, and not ready for prime time IMO. I'll take 30mbps down and the rock solid stability of the T1114 over 100mbps down and the frequent connection drops and reboots of the 8800L any day.

I'll keep an eye out for a firmware update for the 8800L and maybe give it another chance after all the bugs are worked out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by namwoljr View Post
    Quick update on my experience with the 8800L - I went to the Verizon store a couple days ago telling them about the dropped connections and reboot problems I've been having, and they replaced it on the spot, which was great. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem with the new unit, so I'm taking it back to get a refund today. I love the blazing speeds and access to all the active bands in my area (2,4,5 and 13), but it's just too buggy, and not ready for prime time IMO. I'll take 30mbps down and the rock solid stability of the T1114 over 100mbps down and the frequent connection drops and reboots of the 8800L any day.

I'll keep an eye out for a firmware update for the 8800L and maybe give it another chance after all the bugs are worked out.
    For me, the $50 restocking fee killed any notion of returning for a refund. I ended up selling both to get back as much as possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canon1dxii View Post
    For me, the $50 restocking fee killed any notion of returning for a refund. I ended up selling both to get back as much as possible.
    The Verizon rep waived the restocking fee without me even asking, so it wouldn't have hurt to give it a shot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by namwoljr View Post
    The Verizon rep waived the restocking fee without me even asking, so it wouldn't have hurt to give it a shot.
    So, you actually got all of your money back without having to pass on a defective product to some unsuspecting individual? That's great.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I’ve had the 8800l model Jetpack for a little while now and no issues. I keep the firmware up to date, use it in the Metro Atlanta area.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    Timmy G