Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Bell keep line but port number

I want to keep my bell plan $60 10gb, but port out my bell number and get assigned a new number. I called customer service, and they said I should port out. Once I port out, the line will become inactive. I should then call in and ask to reinstate and reactivate my line. He said they will be able to reinstate and I should be able to keep my same plan. I didn't believe it so wanted to double check if this is true?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    ... Once I port out, the line will become inactive. I should then call in and ask to reinstate and reactivate my line... He said they will be able to reinstate and I should be able to keep my same plan. I didn't believe it so wanted to double check if this is true?...

Really?!?!?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Technically, yes. Because your account can be reactivated within 90 days. However, if you had a promotional/out of market plan, odds are they won’t be able to reinstate it, if not offered anymore.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    Technically, yes. Because your account can be reactivated within 90 days. However, if you had a promotional/out of market plan, odds are they won’t be able to reinstate it, if not offered anymore.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
    and that's what I thought...and I asked the guy that i have the $60 10gb plan which is no longer in market, yet he insisted that i can get it reinstated...he seemed clueless and obviously was an overseas call center. I'm just scared. Any other way to approach this? Does Bell have the ability to do a number swap? Say, I sign up for a new bell account (prepaid), then swap numbers between both, and then port out my number from the prepaid over to the new provider...I know telus can do something like that; how about bell?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is why I record all my calls... Just sue them if they can't deliver. You could also get the cheapest plan, swap numbers then port it out?

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    This is why I record all my calls... Just sue them if they can't deliver. You could also get the cheapest plan, swap numbers then port it out?
    So is this possible? I know Telus is able to do this. Can I get the cheapest plan or even a prepaid plan, then swap the numbers between both plans, and then port the cheapest plan number out?

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't think Bell does number swaps anymore. You may be out of luck. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to port out just to get a new number? Just ask Bell for a new number. I think it'll cost you about $35 or so and you will be guaranteed not to lose your 10GB plan.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
    I don't think Bell does number swaps anymore. You may be out of luck. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to port out just to get a new number? Just ask Bell for a new number. I think it'll cost you about $35 or so and you will be guaranteed not to lose your 10GB plan.
    I want to port out my number because it's my primary number, yet I want to keep my bell plan, so if they give a new number, I can give this plan to the wife. We both win in this case.

Sent from my SM-N960F using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would be inclined to go talk to an "expert" at one of the mall/store kiosks that deal with multiple carriers. Like the MobileShop at Loblaw's. Tell them what you want to do and I bet they'll have a solution. It seems to me that I read something a while back about how to achieve what you're trying to do.

Something along the lines of opening a new Bell account, moving the number, getting a new number on the old plan, then port your number to wherever you wanted and you've paid "only" for one month of service... or something similar, or I'm completely off my rocker and I imaged the whole thing.