Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RCS and Bell

Feedback Score
    I've been checking with them monthly and all they keep saying is it is supported... It's like they don't understand there are other phones out there than just Samsung.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w300i
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabrnet View Post
    I've been checking with them monthly and all they keep saying is it is supported... It's like they don't understand there are other phones out there than just Samsung.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I hate Bell for this ****.
    Switched from Rogers to Bell and now I don't have RCS.

Feedback Score
    Still no RCS compatibility between bell and other carriers, not even RCS on non Samsung phones on bell.

Sent from my SM-G960W using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finally working now after years of broken promises, no thanks to the carriers though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YuJxv4VTwI

Another step I needed to perform to get this to work was downgrade my Carrier Services app and it connected right away.

Feedback Score
    Sweeeeet, thanks for sharing this!
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I did this Saturday afternoon (Oct. 26), following the instructions of The_Keebla who modified the original instructions at Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/UniversalPr...erdevice_with/

The key thing is you have to enroll in the Google Messages Beta.

RCS is working on my Samsung Galaxy S9 on TELUS and also on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T/Rogers. Yay!

Oh, I have Carrier Services installed on my Note 4 with AT&T, but not on my S9 with TELUS, so that app didn't seem to be needed for me.

Last edited by The_Night_Owl; 10-28-2019 at 12:22 AM.
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada Talk & Text, 15+10 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Feedback Score
    On your S9, does rcs now work on both Samsung messages app and Google messages app?

Can we revert back to the original settings just by unistalling google messages and activity launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    I did this Saturday afternoon (Oct. 26), following the instructions of The_Keebla who modified the original instructions at Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/UniversalPr...erdevice_with/

The key thing is you have to enroll in the Google Messages Beta.

RCS is working on my Samsung Galaxy S9 on TELUS and also on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T/Rogers. Yay!

Oh, I have Carrier Services installed on my Note 4 with AT&T, but not on my S9 with TELUS, so that app didn't seem to be needed for me.

Sent from my SM-T290 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravercwb View Post
    On your S9, does rcs now work on both Samsung messages app and Google messages app?

Can we revert back to the original settings just by unistalling google messages and activity launcher?

Sent from my SM-T290 using HoFo mobile app
    RCS just works with Google Messages Beta. Every time I open Samsung Messages, I go to its Settings and tap on "Chat settings", and I'm asked if I want to "Register for chat service?" I tap "Start", but nothing ever happens. This is also how Samsung Messages worked before the Google Messages Beta workaround published on Reddit.

When TELUS/Koodo/Public and Bell/Virgin/Lucky support RCS on our Samsung Galaxy S9 phones, Samsung Messages should work fine through the carriers. I like that my Google Messages Beta is now going through a Google server for RCS so it's independent of lazy TELUS & Bell. I suppose I could change the Google Messages RCS server back to TELUS later if I need to.

Feedback Score
    I see that Rogers on the October update is activating google RCS compatibility on Samsung message app. Maybe it will come to Bell as well.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 iphone 4s Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    Why only on Samsung devices? What about the Pixel line, Google's own phone... I wonder who the hell is in charge in this department... Seriously

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2