Thread: Bad Prepaid Speeds - Denver

Feedback Score

Bad Prepaid Speeds - Denver

I'm in Denver Colorado. Signed up for two prepaid accounts while the sale/auto pay discounts were being offered in December. I am really getting weird speeds in my city no matter where I go.

On my Postpaid account, everything is normal and in these areas, I am getting upwards of 75Mbps on an iPhone XS Max.

The prepaid line I did these speed tests on is on a factory unlocked iPhone 8+.

I'm just going to let my prepaid lines expire and just go postpaid due to these bad speeds, I have two postpaid accounts which are amazing speed wise. My whole reason for using AT&T is because T-Mobile really sucks in my area at night while I am at work. AT&T is great during those times, in most areas I am in at night.

Here's a screen shot of these bad prepaid speeds. This is on the unlimited $85($65) autopay plan so there is supposed to be no throttling and I am way under my 22GB, I've used only 4GB this month. The VPN is from AdGuard Pro which uses a fake VPN to block ads in apps. It does not affect my speeds. I was hoping to save money on prepaid.

Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  31.1 KB

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    To make sure your VPN is not an issue, I’d try rebooting in safe mode and see what your speeds are on Prepaid. That will at least rule out interference from a third party app. The other thing you could try is resetting your network. It’s possible the phone didn’t provision properly and reprovisioning with the towers might make a difference.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    To make sure your VPN is not an issue, I’d try rebooting in safe mode and see what your speeds are on Prepaid. That will at least rule out interference from a third party app. The other thing you could try is resetting your network. It’s possible the phone didn’t provision properly and reprovisioning with the towers might make a difference.
    Unfortunately it's not the VPN. Here is another screen shot taken from back in December on a AT&T Note 9. There is something wrong with the network. Those upload speeds are impossible. This account was closed a week after these tests.

Name:  Screenshot_20181202-061901_Speedtest-2.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  33.1 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    Unfortunately it's not the VPN. Here is another screen shot taken from back in December on a AT&T Note 9. There is something wrong with the network. Those upload speeds are impossible. This account was closed a week after these tests. Name:  Screenshot_20181202-061901_Speedtest-2.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  33.1 KB
    check your APN settings - https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/at...-apn-settings/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    It doesn't matter. I get these same bad speeds on a AT&T locked XS Max. I have no doubt the APN settings are correct on that phone.