Thread: Question about converting Verizon to tracfone

Feedback Score

Question Question about converting Verizon to tracfone

I'm planning on buying a Verizon galaxy s7 off ebay and putting a tracfone SIM in it, but the seller hasn't stated the IMEI at all, so I can't really check if it's compatible.

Will it work, or am i just paranoid?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by some_one View Post
    I'm planning on buying a Verizon galaxy s7 off ebay and putting a tracfone SIM in it, but the seller hasn't stated the IMEI at all, so I can't really check if it's compatible.

It will work as long as it is not blacklisted for being lost, stolen, or money owed on it. Check the listing to see if they say clean ESN or ready to activate on Verizon or something like that. eBay will enforce a full refund if the item is not as described. Sellers frequently will not provide the IMEI. Volume sellers with a reputation to protect do not deal in blacklisted phones.

My previous phone was a Verizon Galaxy S4 from a eBay seller. I used it with a Tracfone SIM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

No, you're not paranoid. It's reasonable to be concerned that the phone might not pass the IMEI check.

Some questions about the Tracfone SIM that you plan to use in the S7.... Is it a new, unactivated BYOP SIM? or already activated? If already activated, which phone is it being used with?

Device(s)
    Moto G (6)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

I would never buy a Verizon phone from eBay without knowing the IMEI beforehand. Message the seller for the number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If the seller doesn't want to provide the IMEI (which I can understand), then the OP can point the seller to the TF whitelist check and ask the seller to put it in writing that the IMEI passes the check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    No, you're not paranoid. It's reasonable to be concerned that the phone might not pass the IMEI check.

Some questions about the Tracfone SIM that you plan to use in the S7.... Is it a new, unactivated BYOP SIM? or already activated? If already activated, which phone is it being used with?
    I plan on trying an already activated SIM that's currently in my LG Stylo 3, then if that doesn't work i'll get a BYOP SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It will work as long as it is not blacklisted for being lost, stolen, or money owed on it. Check the listing to see if they say clean ESN or ready to activate on Verizon or something like that. eBay will enforce a full refund if the item is not as described. Sellers frequently will not provide the IMEI. Volume sellers with a reputation to protect do not deal in blacklisted phones.

My previous phone was a Verizon Galaxy S4 from a eBay seller. I used it with a Tracfone SIM.
    Alright, thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I plan on trying an already activated SIM that's currently in my LG Stylo 3, then if that doesn't work i'll get a BYOP SIM.
    If you swap in an activated SIM, then the IMEI doesn't have to pass the whitelist check. If you want to activate a new TF/VZ BYOP SIM, then the IMEI must pass.

Feedback Score

Don't know what the ebay phone costs, but you can get a s7 on Straight Talk for $329 & use it on TracFone. I recently did that with a iPhone SE.
    Ebates gets you $15 cash back on the s7 & another $10 if you're not a member & you sign up.

This way you're guaranteed it will work on TF.

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/e...-stsag930vcp-p