Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unlocking a Free TMO phone with $100 ePin promo ????

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    How do I tell when my new Moto 5e play has been attached to my TMobile account so I can try and unlock it ?

I still have not added the ePin to my account
    When the phone appears on your account profile page. You have to add the credit to the account also. After that you can go to the unlock app and unlock it. If it doesn't work, you may need to call CS to get the unlock processed. At that point you'll get an email and then after 24 or 48 hours try the unlock app again. Once the phone is unlocked, the unlock app will disappear.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Once the phone is unlocked, the unlock app will disappear.
    I have 4 Moto E5 plus. I had mine unlocked and the app remains. When you check it says "device permanently unlocked". Is it supposed to go away? Mine are Metro branded.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    My account does not have data ,
    Will it check over the air or do I need to set up wifi ?
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Device Unlock app is automatically disabled once you've unlocked. You can still see it under Apps.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I have 4 Moto E5 plus. I had mine unlocked and the app remains. When you check it says "device permanently unlocked". Is it supposed to go away? Mine are Metro branded.
    I have a moto e5 play and LG Aristo 2 both from t-mobile and the app was deleted automatically after the unlock. Maybe metro is different. Can you delete manually? Did you test the unlock?

Sent from my SM-T830 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    The Device Unlock app is automatically disabled once you've unlocked. You can still see it under Apps.
    +1 deleted from the t-mobile folder on home screen but lt is still on the device but disabled.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    UNLOCKED ,
    I tried to sweet talk my way into a free unlock since I was a 12 year customer , Nope !
    So after trying to talk the supervisor into and getting nowhere , she said I needed to put $100 on the account and it could be unlocked in 3 days , so since I had the ePin I gave her the numbers and hopefully it will be unlocked...
    But if you only need a 30 day unlock they will do that for free , not sure if the 30 day unlock is for USA and overseas , or just overseas.

Anyway now I will have a phone for Google Fi use overseas

Feedback Score
    Just a HEADSUP for those that like to tinker with their phones... When you refill, make sure you put the SIM card back on the phone that you need to unlock to refill. Otherwise, if you're playing around and the SIM card is not on the phone you need to unlock when you refill, then that refill won't count.

I moved my SIM card from my moto e5 play over to my pixel 3 a few days before my FIRST $50 refill date... On my due date, it's still on my pixel 3 instead of the motorolla e5 play and I refilled, then a few days later, I sent back my pixel 3 because it's a POS (another post) and go back to my moto e5 play. Today, I refilled my SECOND $50 refill when my SIM card is on my moto e5 play.

I thought I got my requirements and called up T-Mobile to unlock, they told me I only had a $50 refill on my account so I told them last month I did refill $50 and they told me but I wasn't using my moto e5 play so that didn't count! The India-based prepaid support doesn't seem to be able to override the system. They seem to genuinely agree with me that I paid $150 on this account and I should be eligible but they can't seem to be able to work around the block.

I finally got them to refund my last $50 refill and cancel the account. It must be CHEAPER than $50 to get an unlock code online!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Hi , is there a limit of how many "free" phones you can get and unlock ?
    A couple European friends are coming over in a few months and their phones do not have USA LTE bands , so they can use them here and if unlocked take back to Europe

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Hi , is there a limit of how many "free" phones you can get and unlock ?
    A couple European friends are coming over in a few months and their phones do not have USA LTE bands , so they can use them here and if unlocked take back to Europe
    Two in twelve months according to this document...

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibil...-unlock-policy

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Two in twelve months according to this document...

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibil...-unlock-policy

I believe that's two devices per line of service per 12 months. If you activate a new number (required by this "free" phone promo, right?) for each phone, there really isn't a limit AFAIK.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    I did not activate a new line , I just added the $100 to my old Gold plan,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2