Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Executives stayed at Trump hotel following Sprint Merger Announcement

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Executives stayed at Trump hotel following Sprint Merger Announcement

https://www.tmonews.com/2019/01/t-mo...-announcement/

The day after T-Mobile and Sprint announced their merger, nine T-Mobile executives stayed at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., according to a report from The Washington Post. These execs were on the hotel’s list of “VIP Arrivals” that included CTO Neville Ray, CFO Braxton Carter, and CEO John Legere. They were scheduled to stay one to three days.

The report goes on to say that T-Mobile executives have stayed at this hotel several more times since then. VIP Arrivals lists viewed by The Post show 38 nights of hotel stays by T-Mo execs, though that number could be higher. Rooms at the hotel regularly cost more than $300 per night, which means that T-Mo paid quite a bit to stay there.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So what? John Legere stayed in Trump hotel years ago long before Trump announced he was running for office. Where do you think they should have stayed the Motel 6? BTW, Trump Hotel is just down the street from many Government building.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So what? John Legere stayed in Trump hotel years ago long before Trump announced he was running for office. Where do you think they should have stayed the Motel 6? BTW, Trump Hotel is just down the street from many Government building.
    It's common sense to not look like you're trying to bribe your way to a merger approval. You think the Dump Hotel is the only hotel in DC?

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Well, I’ve never stayed there but I’m often happy when I can get a nice room in DC for $300... I’ve paid that much for a Four Points in DC, and often pay in the low to mid 300s for Boston, Washington, San Francisco and sometimes Los Angeles (NY suburbs are home, but they are just as expensive there).

If they rented out the presidential suite for $10k per night, then I might feel differently.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So what? If he needs to stay at Trump hotel to help the merger, so be it. I stayed at the Trump Hotel in Honolulu Hawaii for my honeymoon a number of years ago. One of the nicest hotels I’ve been to.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    so????????????

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Are they accused of any impropriety?

Someone probably leaked this old story to the Post probably with animus towards the merger.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To all those in the thread saying so what etc.

If you read my original post where did I put a personal option about this story. I simply posted this story and provided a small excerpt from the article.

With that said I support President Trump. Matter of fact I voted for him and stayed in Trump tower Vegas many times when on vaction. He has lovely hotels. Regardless I was simply trying to share a story with you all. No need for the rudeness.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    It's common sense to not look like you're trying to bribe your way to a merger approval. You think the Dump Hotel is the only hotel in DC?
    Dump Hotel? That’s ridiculous.

Maybe you don’t remember but the CEO of SoftBank (Son) was one of the early visitors to see Trump post election but pre swearing in. Trump came out of the elevator with him speaking of some commitment involving 50,000 US jobs.
    I haven’t heard a thing since.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Well, I’ve never stayed there but I’m often happy when I can get a nice room in DC for $300... I’ve paid that much for a Four Points in DC, and often pay in the low to mid 300s for Boston, Washington, San Francisco and sometimes Los Angeles (NY suburbs are home, but they are just as expensive there).

If they rented out the presidential suite for $10k per night, then I might feel differently.
    I tend to agree. Trump hotels are typically 'not bad' - this isn't the Motel 6, and it is downtown DC.
    $300/night would be typical for just about any hotel in the area. I've stayed in San Fran (Drake), Boston Omni, and $300 is not that expensive, but average. If it was during a peak time of year, it would be much more. Eg. When I was in Vegas, the Wynn - with discount was $150/night, but 2 days earlier it was running $3,000/night due to CES.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Are they accused of any impropriety?

Someone probably leaked this old story to the Post probably with animus towards the merger.
    This likely won't hurt T-Mobile, but the act of staying a night on property owned Trump while trying to get your merger through looks shady.
    It sends the wrong message that certain people have more access to our government than the rest of us do and reinforces the perception that our government is corrupt. It's the optics that count...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    This likely won't hurt T-Mobile, but the act of staying a night on property owned Trump while trying to get your merger through looks shady.
    It sends the wrong message that certain people have more access to our government than the rest of us do and reinforces the perception that our government is corrupt. It's the optics that count...
    Oh no doubt. You'd think these execs would be skilled with enough social/political grace to consider the little things especially in a world where all eyes are watching. T-Mobile management should be more careful noting that any shady dealings done at any Trump tower is going to be politically suspect at least to half of the electorate.

But in their defense they do need the administration's blessing to merge with Sprint so they're going to do what they think they have to do.

I remember last year AT&T came under fire for paying Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen for what they called: "insights into understanding the new administration," to the tune of $600k into a Shell Company called: "Essential Consultants."

Many saw that as a "bribe," to the administration in order to get their $85.4 billion dollar purchase of Time Warner approved. AT&T at first naturally vehemently denied it then later stated that hiring Mr. Cohen as a political consultant was a: "big mistake."

Feedback Score
    I think it would have been STUPID of them to stay anywhere else but at trumps.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I think it would have been STUPID of them to stay anywhere else but at trumps.
    Maybe the local Motel 6 was all sold out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast