Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

15 Years Later: Motorola Razr Coming Back to Verizon for $1,500

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...rizon-wireless

The Motorola Razr, arguably the it phone before Apple’s iPhone hit the market in 2007, is making a comeback 15 years after it was first released to much fanfare. The iconic flip phone, which originally cost $600, will be released in limited supply as an exclusive device on Verizon Wireless for $1,500 next month, according to The Wall Street Journal.

The new Razr is expected to be a foldable smartphone with an OLED display that bends at the middle. The device is the result of an exclusive partnership between Verizon and Lenovo, which acquired Motorola’s device business in 2014. Lenovo only plans to manufacture about 200,000 units of the next-generation Razr, The Wall Street Journal reports.

The Razr fell out of favor as smartphones flooded the market, but Motorola has made numerous attempts at reviving the brand to little avail. The latest iteration of the Razr is unlikely to catch much interest at $1,500, but it could become a nostalgic status symbol for some customers.

The form factor could also generate awareness of a new type of smartphone that’s anything but a black slab of metal and glass. The foldable screen of the new Razr will be a key differentiator, and it would be one of the first such devices to reach customers this year. Samsung is expected to launch its first foldable smartphone at a press event next month.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Depending on how successful this phone is I wouldn't be surprised if Moto (Lenovo) tried to bring newer versions to all US carriers. But at $1,500 and with a limited supply this definitely won't appeal to the masses.

I can't wait to see video reviews on this!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Depending on how successful this phone is I wouldn't be surprised if Moto (Lenovo) tried to bring newer versions to all US carriers. But at $1,500 and with a limited supply this definitely won't appeal to the masses.

I can't wait to see video reviews on this!
    If they are only making 200K of them it's not suppose to appeal to the masses.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    No way I'd pay that much for it. That's almost as bad as Verizon postpaid prices where you don't get what you paid for

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Why not, phones are already $1500 . Plenty of millionaires created every two days or so, with 7 plus billion people needing something there are more and more rich people ready to sell them what they need. Iphones don’t cut it anymore, need something even more exclusive. Heck make it $2000 the new millionaires can afford it
    Last edited by mm18; 01-22-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Feedback Score
    I’m disappointed they didn’t just throw VoLTE in the original clam shell flip phone and call it a day.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Truth be told the Razr was one of the best designs ever made in a flip phone. On VZ cdma bands signal was outstanding.

Feedback Score
    i still have my Motorola Razr from when i was on cellular one.
    and it still works too !!

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    i still have my Motorola Razr from when i was on cellular one.
    and it still works too !!
    I still have the gold one from AT&T as well. It served me well and still fully functional. Connects to 3G only since 2G is shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Won’t be buying one but I’m curious to actually put my hands on one when they become available, one of these days something will come along that’s better than the smartphones available right now.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    i definitely want to check this out. The slab design we currently have had for seemingly forever now is just so meh. The foldable Samsungs coming out are said to be in a similar price range. I'm def interested but will choke on the price.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yes. We could use some real innovation with smart device design. These flat rectangular slabs although functional are getting really boring.

Feedback Score
    I’ll,never be bored with these rectangles. I can’t fathom how they could possibly ever get boring. The real important things are voice call quality, LTE bands, and battery life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    I’ll,never be bored with these rectangles. I can’t fathom how they could possibly ever get boring. The real important things are voice call quality, LTE bands, and battery life.
    Voice call quality and battery life were much better on flip phones than on smart phones. I enjoy my smart phone, but I would love to have one with today's capabilities and a 3.5" screen. I use mine for a phone, not a computer.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I use mine for a phone, not a computer.
    To each their own. I prefer having the functionality of a small computer in my pocket that can do many of the same things as my home computer.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast