Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    T-Mobile network outperforms the rest at Super Bowl

" T-Mobile’s cellular network had the fastest performance during the Super Bowl at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, according to tests conducted throughout the game by Speedtest. The nation’s third-largest carrier achieved a mean download speed of 101.54 Mbps during the entirety of the game to 30 minutes after the final snap."
    That's great validation. Seriously what was wrong with ATT's 5Ge network last night? JK

Name:  average-ookla.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  49.9 KB
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    That's great validation. Seriously what was wrong with ATT's 5Ge network last night? JK

Name:  average-ookla.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  49.9 KB
    LOL. Right before I ported my main line from AT&T to T-Mobile, my iPhone started saying 5GE and it was getting 5-6Mbps.. I’m wondering if they are trying to set expectations low for 5G .

Maybe their 5G will only be a tiny bit faster than LTE so they don’t want people to expect 500Mbps+.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolshayaptica View Post
    Let me disagree a little bit about Boston and the area, I can give solid 3/5. Even main hospitals are partially covered. Not to mention rash hours congestions. Logan airport gave me less than 1 download while Att solid 50+.
    I also use At&t - T-mobile side by side. I can give solid 5/5 for Att here. May be you can find a spot where T-mobile is faster than Att, but the ration of bad spots is 1:10
    100% agree with you nowadays you can trust only what you see yourself. I drove some Rootmetrics bad Att test spots and had 10+ speed while their reports showed less than 1.

P.S. I already had the most reliable Toyota based on Consumer Reports. Never again :-)
    You probably have more experience in the Boston area that I do. I've been there 3x, and service was good, and no issues. Outside of Boston, however, service deteriorates quite quickly (as does T-Mobile service outside of most metros).
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bolshayaptica View Post
    Let me disagree a little bit about Boston and the area, I can give solid 3/5. Even main hospitals are partially covered. Not to mention rash hours congestions. Logan airport gave me less than 1 download while Att solid 50+.
    I also use At&t - T-mobile side by side. I can give solid 5/5 for Att here. May be you can find a spot where T-mobile is faster than Att, but the ration of bad spots is 1:10
    100% agree with you nowadays you can trust only what you see yourself. I drove some Rootmetrics bad Att test spots and had 10+ speed while their reports showed less than 1.

P.S. I already had the most reliable Toyota based on Consumer Reports. Never again :-)
    I think you are right. Or all those places with 0 mbps TMO and 12+ mbps Verizon.

This is why I applaud T-Mobile building out to catch up

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    There's definitely some bias in that data set... T-Mobile's network quality is nowhere near Verizon or AT&T nationwide, and Verizon is a bit behind AT&T in my area.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    There's definitely some bias in that data set... T-Mobile's network quality is nowhere near Verizon or AT&T nationwide, and Verizon is a bit behind AT&T in my area.
    It was a 'poll' and not a scientific based result (i.e. location + testing + specific handset + specific time of day, etc)
    If I was polled locally, I'd give good ratings to T-Mobile, as their service here 'locally' is very good. If I was upstate in Vermont, or rural New Hampshire, I'd probably not use them.. but possibly AT&T or Verizon.
    If most of T-Mobile's users are urban, and the rural is interstates and main highways... they'll probably have decent ratings. AT&T and Verizon's customers are 'more likely' (IMHO) to use their service outside of the city and rely on its use. This is possibly the same reason that my work will not allow T-Mobile service to be picked when picking a work device (strange enough... Sprint is allowed).

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    It was a 'poll' and not a scientific based result (i.e. location + testing + specific handset + specific time of day, etc)
    If I was polled locally, I'd give good ratings to T-Mobile, as their service here 'locally' is very good. If I was upstate in Vermont, or rural New Hampshire, I'd probably not use them.. but possibly AT&T or Verizon.
    If most of T-Mobile's users are urban, and the rural is interstates and main highways... they'll probably have decent ratings. AT&T and Verizon's customers are 'more likely' (IMHO) to use their service outside of the city and rely on its use. This is possibly the same reason that my work will not allow T-Mobile service to be picked when picking a work device (strange enough... Sprint is allowed).
    True. Could be the same reason some 2- or 3-star hotels get great reviews... lower expectations.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    True. Could be the same reason some 2- or 3-star hotels get great reviews... lower expectations.
    Ever see a McDonald's with five stars. That one's a head scratcher.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Ever see a McDonald's with five stars. That one's a head scratcher.
    Maybe it's a really good McDonalds!

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Maybe it's a really good McDonalds!
    I did give a McDonald's 4 stars once. It was really clean and all the employees were polite and spoke clearly in standard English. A unique experience. I almost thought I was at a Chick-Fil-A.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I did give a McDonald's 4 stars once. It was really clean and all the employees were polite and spoke clearly in standard English. A unique experience. I almost thought I was at a Chick-Fil-A.
    There's a lot of variation franchise to franchise, and region to region. It's weird in the Midwest in fast food joints there's a bunch of people working there and they all speak good English. In the Northeast, the service is usually lousy, many of the employees are struggling to communicate in English, and they are chronically understaffed. Culver's is fascinating. They have a whole army, everything is hot and fresh, the restaurants are immaculate, and the service is top notch. I've never been in a standalone chick Fillet, as I won't go in those or Hobby Lobby due to the owners extremist stances on certain things we can't talk about on here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6