Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Price VZW Unlimited

Feedback Score

New Price VZW Unlimited

Starting next week, Verizon Prepaid will drop to $60.00 per month. Mobile hotspot will not be available.

Feedback Score
    So it would be $55 w/autopay for unlimited data?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth1 View Post
    Starting next week, Verizon Prepaid will drop to $60.00 per month. Mobile hotspot will not be available.
    I assume you mean prepaid unlimited. They just changed pricing a couple of months ago and they took away hotspot then. At any rate I guess maybe they're finally getting serious about wanting pre-paid customers. I guess Q4 results for prepaid were really awful. I mean more awful than usual.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidepisu View Post
    So it would be $55 w/autopay for unlimited data?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    That is my understanding.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I assume you mean prepaid unlimited. They just changed pricing a couple of months ago and they took away hotspot then. At any rate I guess maybe they're finally getting serious about wanting pre-paid customers. I guess Q4 results for prepaid were really awful. I mean more awful than usual.
    Yes, this is Verizon Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    That is my understanding.
    If I’m on the $70 unlimited plan now, will it automatically go down in price, or will I have to manually change it?

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    If I’m on the $70 unlimited plan now, will it automatically go down in price, or will I have to manually change it?
    You will need to call in or chat with them to change it. It is not automatic.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I believe they are just increasing the autopay discount from $5 to $10 making the price with autopay $60. The unlimited plan will still be $70 without autopay.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Feedback Score
    If the hotspot was available, that would be a switch worth making for me. Even though I usually only use 6-7 GB a month, I would consider ditching home wi-fi at that price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    I believe they are just increasing the autopay discount from $5 to $10 making the price with autopay $60. The unlimited plan will still be $70 without autopay.
    You get $10 per line autopay discount on prepaid but only $5 on postpaid? That's kind of screwy.

Feedback Score
    Do you know what day this is supposed to take effect?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    You get $10 per line autopay discount on prepaid but only $5 on postpaid? That's kind of screwy.
    Plus postpaid has a bunch of taxes added on to the price.
    Prepaid has been an identical experience for me as postpaid was. Only I pay much, much less.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    Plus postpaid has a bunch of taxes added on to the price.
    Prepaid has been an identical experience for me as postpaid was. Only I pay much, much less.
    Well my state requires $1.16 911 fee and sales tax no matter what kind of phone service you have. No escaping that.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well my state requires $1.16 911 fee and sales tax no matter what kind of phone service you have. No escaping that.
    In NY, postpaid service is taxed a lot more than prepaid. A lot of the postpaid taxes are actually Verizon fees that the government allows carriers to recoup from the customer. I have 2 lines on a prepaid plan totaling $60, and the total with taxes and fees is about $66. If I load the account with refills purchased from out of state, then there are no taxes and fees assessed, so I only pay $60. If I had a 2 line $60 postpaid plan with Verizon, the total after taxes and fees would be about $75.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLin View Post
    In NY, postpaid service is taxed a lot more than prepaid. A lot of the postpaid taxes are actually Verizon fees that the government allows carriers to recoup from the customer. I have 2 lines on a prepaid plan totaling $60, and the total with taxes and fees is about $66. If I load the account with refills purchased from out of state, then there are no taxes and fees assessed, so I only pay $60. If I had a 2 line $60 postpaid plan with Verizon, the total after taxes and fees would be about $75.
    I live in TN and they've streamlined taxes/fees on phone service several years back where it the same no matter if it POTS, VoIP, prepaid mobile or postpaid mobile. It's all the same to the state. As it is our post paid taxes/fees including both state and Verizon's combined is $4.40 per line. I can't see prepaid being much cheaper in the taxes/fees department

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast