Thread: VZW Increased the Price for Prepaid

Feedback Score

VZW Increased the Price for Prepaid

In July 2018, I got A VZW prepaid w/10 GB data that I can use as a mobile hotspot; $60.00/month.

Today, now, VZW is selling an 8GB plan w/hotspot for $50.00/month: 25 cents/GB increase.

Actually, AT&T did the same thing. Their 8GB plan is $50.00/month as well.

Is this a trend?

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    In July 2018, I got A VZW prepaid w/10 GB data that I can use as a mobile hotspot; $60.00/month.

Today, now, VZW is selling an 8GB plan w/hotspot for $50.00/month: 25 cents/GB increase.

Is this a trend?
    It looks like a trend. Because of how you worded it it definitely seems like it is a trend.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Nexus 5X, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Actually, not a trend. Next week, price of their unlimited is supposed to DROP to $60, with an additional $5 off with autopay. There is also a new plan that was on the website briefly where a bonus of 7GB is added to the $50 8GB plan, which I suspect will also show up next week. If anything, trends seem to be going down, not up.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score

Is this a trend?
    You can't be serious? OK first you wrongly assume the entire price of you plan is for data. Calls, texting cost of network maintenance, CS reps etc etc is not factored into the price at all? Secondly you're not factoring the price of the 8 GB plan is actually $45 if you use autopay. So even if your assertion of ALL the price is 100% data 10 GB for $60=$6 per GB, 8 GB for $45 is $5.63 per GB. Also starting next week unlimited is going to be $60 and the last time I did math unlimited is more than 10 GB. And even without auto pay you arguing about $6 per GB vs $6.25 per GB. Seriously? So if Verizon charge $8 ins stead of $50 you'd be ok with that because then it would be back down to $6 per GB. So getting 1 less Starbucks coffee every 3 months is what your complaint is about?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Actually, not a trend. Next week, price of their unlimited is supposed to DROP to $60, with an additional $5 off with autopay. There is also a new plan that was on the website briefly where a bonus of 7GB is added to the $50 8GB plan, which I suspect will also show up next week. If anything, trends seem to be going down, not up.
    From your keyboard to Hans Vestberg's eyes. i'll be on the lookout.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You can't be serious? OK first you wrongly assume the entire price of you plan is for data. Calls, texting cost of network maintenance, CS reps etc etc is not factored into the price at all? Secondly you're not factoring the price of the 8 GB plan is actually $45 if you use autopay. So even if your assertion of ALL the price is 100% data 10 GB for $60=$6 per GB, 8 GB for $45 is $5.63 per GB. Also starting next week unlimited is going to be $60 and the last time I did math unlimited is more than 10 GB. And even without auto pay you arguing about $6 per GB vs $6.25 per GB. Seriously? So if Verizon charge $8 ins stead of $50 you'd be ok with that because then it would be back down to $6 per GB. So getting 1 less Starbucks coffee every 3 months is what your complaint is about?
    You channeling your tough guy hero?
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score
    I want mobile hotspot capability and that is only available with the limited GB plans, not the unlimited plans.

,AT&T however, does include 10 GB of mobile hotspt with ther $85.00/month prepaid plan.

i do not use autopay; not an option with me. Arguing with CSRs, CSR managers, credit card companies and banks is not worth the time.

Besides, the local convenience store gives me 5x points when I buy my cellular refills there, and that's where I get my coffee...free, to me, using the points.

If I did take the autopay discount on my plan, I'm still 12.5 cents cheaper that the "new" plan. So, to Verizon, 1 million new prepaid customers paying 12.5 cents more is an annual $1,500,000.00 straight to the bottom line. That's okay they are in business to increase stockholders wealth...so am I.

Plus my plan has rollover data. the new plan does not.

Plus my plan lets me use my hotspot at whatever speed is available, after I'm depried. The new plan throttles to 600Kbps. 600kbps...really, who does that any more?

Throttled data plus no rollover data and less GB of data is a price increase to me.

I'm keeping my old plan

If you use the hyperlink, remember to open the little circle i (info) button to find out that hotspot data is 600kbps.

/https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I believe VZW is doing a promo now: $45 (autopay) gets you 15GB... not sure that they are raising prices exactly... more of a playing around with different options... (like no rollover anymore).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I believe VZW is doing a promo now: $45 (autopay) gets you 15GB... not sure that they are raising prices exactly... more of a playing around with different options... (like no rollover anymore).
    The OP is trying to claim by switching from a 10 GB for $60 to 8 GB for $50 Verizon "raised prices". Because 10 GB for $60 is $6 per GB and 8 GB for $50 is $6.25 per GB. Of course they didn't take into account the new plans have a $5 autopay discount.

Feedback Score

Is this a trend?
    AT&T and VZW are usually quick to follow each other.