Thread: Verizon Prepaid Dual Sim - Best setup

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid Dual Sim - Best setup

I just wanted to share my setup for the iPhone XS Max.
    I have Verizon Prepaid on the physical sim and Ubigi on the esim.

I think right now this would be the best combination possible in term of coverage.

The amazing thing is that the Ubigi sim can be left turned off and I can turn it on only when I need coverage.

For example if I go to an area without Verizon coverage, I can activate the esim, buy the data pass from the app $5 for 500MB and use it to supplement Verizon coverage.

No need to have an active data connection to buy the pass from the Ubigi app and Paypal. The sim automatically connects to the network available in that location T-mobile, Sprint or AT&T (if t-mobile is available thatís the preferred network though).

At the moment Iím waiting that the Italian provider Tim releases esim support, cause they have a plan that costs Ä20 (about $22) and gives 10GB of data monthly in the US and some other countries, but in the US they roam on AT&T, T-mobile and a bunch of regional carriers so coverage would be even better!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidepisu View Post
    I just wanted to share my setup for the iPhone XS Max.
    I have Verizon Prepaid on the physical sim and Ubigi on the esim.
    Does your My Verizon app work? On my iPhone XS Max and my wifeís iPhone XS, the My Verizon app just spins and spins. I think itís having trouble reading the phone number from the new dual SIM iPhones. I thought it had to do with us having another phone number on our eSIMs, but I have since deleted all of the carriers on the eSIM, and the My Verizon app still doesnít work.

Feedback Score
    No it doesnít. I just use the mobile website. Hope theyíll fix that bug

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=davidepisu;17050966]

St the moment I’m waiting that the Italian provider Tim releases esim support, cause they have a plan that costs €20 (about $22) and gives 10GB of data monthly in the US and some other countries, but in the US they roam on AT&T, T-mobile and a bunch of regional carriers so coverage would be even better![/QUOTE

Do you have more information on this sim and what countries the data is good in ?

Thanks
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid Dual Sim - Best setup

Itís called Tim in Viaggio Pass, itís valid in US and EU.
    500 min 500 text 10GB LTE data. Iím already using it, just waiting for the esim version

https://m.tim.it/offerte/mobile/este...m-viaggio-pass

List of countries:

https://m.tim.it/tabella-tim-viaggio-pass

They basically consider US as part of the EU countries.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Iím hoping that Verizon Prepaid starts supporting eSIM soon. I like to keep my Verizon service active for Wi-Fi calling but sometimes visit other countries for 1-2 months, and the eSIM data-only carriers like GigSky and Truphone are still relatively expensive. For short stays, I guess I could use those carriers, but for long stays, I still think a prepaid SIM with a local carrier is the way to go, and not enough carriers support eSIM yet. In the past, I had to carry 2 iPhones, so Iím hoping I donít have to do that anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLin View Post
    Iím hoping that Verizon Prepaid starts supporting eSIM soon. I like to keep my Verizon service active for Wi-Fi calling but sometimes visit other countries for 1-2 months, and the eSIM data-only carriers like GigSky and Truphone are still relatively expensive. For short stays, I guess I could use those carriers, but for long stays, I still think a prepaid SIM with a local carrier is the way to go, and not enough carriers support eSIM yet. In the past, I had to carry 2 iPhones, so Iím hoping I donít have to do that anymore.
    Well, Ubigi has 2GB/month for 6 months at $69 or $89... for most countries ... not as cheap as a local SIM card but very close.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, Ubigi has 2GB/month for 6 months at $69 or $89... for most countries ... not as cheap as a local SIM card but very close.
    Last time I was in Singapore for 6 weeks, I spent about $11-12 to get a local SIM with enough credit for 3GB that lasted the entire trip and enough credit left over to still make the occasional local call. With Ubigi, it would still cost me about $40 to get 2 months of service.

Feedback Score
    Well, it depends on where you travel and how long you stay... Ubigi offers 3GB at $29 in Asia for 30 days and that includes coverage in Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. It may not reach the price point of a local sim, but itís a valid alternative especially if you travel cross countries. Plus, with an international operator you have the added bonus to roam with multiple operators in each country, so more coverage.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No it doesnít. I just use the mobile website. Hope theyíll fix that bug
    Between yesterdayís iOS 12.1.3 update and todayís My Verizon app update, I was hopeful it would work now, but itís still broken... sigh

Feedback Score
    It’s called Tim in Viaggio Pass, it’s valid in US and EU.
    500 min 500 text 10GB LTE data. I’m already using it, just waiting for the esim version

https://m.tim.it/offerte/mobile/este...m-viaggio-pass

List of countries:

https://m.tim.it/tabella-tim-viaggio-pass

They basically consider US as part of the EU countries.

This is great price, especially for Canada, but it seems that it may be a limited time promo that expires in June? If I am interpreting the web site correctly.

Any update on Tim eSim support? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I'm new to the Verizon prepaid arena, having just activated a Xfinity Mobile line. My current setup is with T-Mobile on my esim in my iPhone Xr, and the Xfi-Vz sim in the sim tray. I have Xfi set as my voice carrier, TM as my data service and no data sharing between lines. I expect this configuration to prevent data use and charges on the Xfi line, and still keep voice and texting active for both phone numbers.

My TM account is One Plus Promo so I get free 256kbps international data roaming & texting. Both lines get free WiFi calling to & from the US while roaming, and the Xfi service has pretty cheap per minute rates in many foreign countries, like $.10 a minute for most of Europe. TM rates are generally $.25 a minute for voice calls.

Does anyone in this forum use the Xfinity Mobile service, and if so, what if any experiences have you had in the US and roaming?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I'm new to the Verizon prepaid arena, having just activated a Xfinity Mobile line. My current setup is with T-Mobile on my esim in my iPhone Xr, and the Xfi-Vz sim in the sim tray. I have Xfi set as my voice carrier, TM as my data service and no data sharing between lines. I expect this configuration to prevent data use and charges on the Xfi line, and still keep voice and texting active for both phone numbers. My TM account is One Plus Promo so I get free 256kbps international data roaming & texting. Both lines get free WiFi calling to & from the US while roaming, and the Xfi service has pretty cheap per minute rates in many foreign countries, like $.10 a minute for most of Europe. TM rates are generally $.25 a minute for voice calls. Does anyone in this forum use the Xfinity Mobile service, and if so, what if any experiences have you had in the US and roaming?
    see here - https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/gear/xfinity-mobile/ there is no domestic roaming.

Feedback Score
    I may not have specified, but all of the roaming I was referring to would be international service around the world. Thanks for the link.

Feedback Score
    I neglected to mention the cost of the Xfi service if you're not using data. I have two lines on the "$12 Per Gb" plan, and the fees are reported to be around $1.60 a month each. There is 100Mb shared between the lines per account with no charge. I do not plan to use any data unless it's an emergency, so the basic taxes & 911 should be all I'm charged. It still includes unlimited voice & texting in the US.

There is no sim fee or setup fee either, so basically, these lines are great backup lines and an alternate number for your phone. I ported in a number and that qualified me for a $100 gift card promotion. I expect that to pay for my service for quite a while.