Thread: US Cellular in Northeast WI

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

US Cellular in Northeast WI

Just curious in anyone has any experience with US Cellular in Northeast WI. This is the only carrier I have never tried and I am curious about it. They told me they are planning new stores and towers in the north for this Fall.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Where in NE Wisconsin are you curious about?

US Cellular covers southern Wisconsin well, and native coverage goes as high as Green Bay and Door County. North of there is roaming, mostly Sprint and Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I live in Green Bay but want to know if it has good building penetration. Also wondering what the service will be like up north of Green Bay. Verizon absolutely sucks in Coleman where my family lives. AT&T has been good for me but doesn't work great in the building I work in.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You're going to be limited with US Cellular. They don't have native service in Coleman, so looking at their coverage map you'll be on Verizon's 3G service.

Building penetration is always hit and miss depending on cell tower location and the type of building. In Green Bay, all the carriers have lower-frequency bands to help get through most buildings (T-Mobile doesn't quite yet for Green Bay but it'll be coming soon).

I'd look around the building for cell towers nearby, then find out which carriers use them. You can also ask co-workers to see which carrier they are using and see if their reception is any better. Also, if where you work allows for WiFi calling, you could also pick a carrier that has that feature for the phone you are using.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon doesn't have native service in Coleman, either. It is awful trying to use Verizon even at a house in town. Cellcom is the rural carrier and they work in the building I work in, but they are awful. No capacity and lack of towers. They stick nothing in their network.

WIFI calling isn't an option in the building I work in. It is blocked.