Thread: ATT outage chicago area?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ATT outage chicago area?

I'm on the far northside here. No lte service. Forcing the phone to 3g works for both voice & data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I'm on the far northside here. No lte service. Forcing the phone to 3g works for both voice & data.
    Just read this and went to check my GF's Cricket iPhone SE. "No Service" says the banner. Chicago/Wrigleyville for us...

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. I've been on cricket for about 18 months now. Don't recall having any outages in that time.. At least none that I was aware of . All is not lost as 3g appears to be working just fine. I suppose some [many] folks don't know about forcing phones to different modes and/or it may not be possible on some devices.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    It's pathetic for att to have an outage while having the firstnet contract. Firstnet should have gone with TMobile instead or even Verizon would be better

Feedback Score
    Glad it's not just me. I put in a support ticket over chat this morning because I thought it was just my sim. But seems like it's everyone. I'm in the north Chicago suburbs.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know if it's just my phone/software (axon7/LOS 7.1.2) or the att system. I would have thought the phone would drop down to 3g/4g automatically when it failed to establish an lte connection. This does not happen. Lte discovery shows it stuck on band 2 and not even trying other bands. Network signal Guru shows it stuck in the "Paging" step under signalling.

I locked out band 2. After reboot, it tries band 17 but same results.

Makes me wonder if it's some sort of authentication issue rather than an actual tower/signal issue.

Feedback Score
    I've got a samsung s9 and a iPhone SE and neither can connect. They both worked fine last night and both are getting "no service" this morning. I had a brief flash of connection a bit ago but it's gone again. I usually get a pretty strong signal.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    According to downdetector it looks like there is a fairly large AT&T outage in & around the Chicago area today.
    https://downdetector.com/status/att/map/

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    In va I've had the service go out completely for about 30 seconds and then come back on. Has done that 5 or 6 times

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like it just came back up. From various posts on twitter and elsewhere it appears to have been down since ~6:30 this morning... Quite the outage.