Thread: Replacement for TM-AC1900

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Replacement for TM-AC1900

The lack of security updates has made me consider returning my T-Mobile TM-AC1900 CellSpot Router. The issue is that I'm reasonably happy with the performance and features of this router and would not like to give up any of them. In particular I use the two USB ports, print, VPN, DLNA and SMB server functions. I was looking at the ASUS RT-AC66R but it does not seem to be a current production model. I also don't want to pay much over $100 for the latest overpriced super router.

Suggestions?
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This would meet your needs: ASUS Whole Home Dual-Band AiMesh Router (AC1900) for Mesh Wifi System (Up to 1900 Mbps) - AiProtection Network Security by Trend Micro, Adaptive QoS & Parental Control (RT-AC68U) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00FB45S..._BNDsCbNRR0WX6

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarredduq View Post
    This would meet your needs:.....
    At $228? Thanks but at that price I'll try to reflash T-Mobile's AC1900

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    88.99 refurbished

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    security features? what the heck are you doing that you need to be super secured. the ac1900 has the standard security. Also, if you return it, you wont get anything back. T-mobile is not giving away this wifi routers anymore, keep it as long as you can.
    I gave up mine and i have to say it has been the fastest more awesome router i ever had.. t-mobile collected my router and I was thinking of getting just another one (mine was beat up already) they said no... they are no longer doing that.. I regret this so so so much, now i have to shell out more than $100 just to have the same quality and speed as the asus 1900.

as for security features... in that router I used to DMZ to my iphone, any outside attacks from random hackers or annoying programmers; they will attack my iphone but i didnt even notice.. from massive pings of death, or denial of service or just anything... they just cant get pass any iphone.

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Nexus 5X, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Nah, nah, nah....they ARE still “giving” them away:

https://slickdeals.net/f/12685621-t-...-free-shipping
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Nah, nah, nah....they ARE still “giving” them away:

https://slickdeals.net/f/12685621-t-...-free-shipping
    "giving" them away for 39.99 is not bad at all.. placed an order for one of those.. thanx..

I called and asked them if they can loan me one like before, they said no. Only repeaters and cellspots... not interested iin those for now.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    security features? what the heck are you doing that you need to be super secured. the ac1900 has the standard security. .....
    They have not been keeping up with the latest protection against firewall hacks, etc.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    security features? what the heck are you doing that you need to be super secured. the ac1900 has the standard security. Also, if you return it, you wont get anything back. T-mobile is not giving away this wifi routers anymore, keep it as long as you can.
    I gave up mine and i have to say it has been the fastest more awesome router i ever had.. t-mobile collected my router and I was thinking of getting just another one (mine was beat up already) they said no... they are no longer doing that.. I regret this so so so much, now i have to shell out more than $100 just to have the same quality and speed as the asus 1900.

as for security features... in that router I used to DMZ to my iphone, any outside attacks from random hackers or annoying programmers; they will attack my iphone but i didnt even notice.. from massive pings of death, or denial of service or just anything... they just cant get pass any iphone.
    There has been no updates of any kind for years, they stopped supporting the routers. Anyone who knows anything at all, knows 6ou want a router that gets updates!

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You didn't say if you ISP was Cable or not but this is my Cable Modem and WiFi Router Combo for $99 on Amazon. TP-Link makes Googles WiFi for them. Approved by most cable companies. TP-Link AC1750 works great with T-Mobile and my unit paid for it's self in about a year over what I was paying for just a cable modem from Comcast lease.

TP-Link 16x4 AC1750 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router | Gateway | 680Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 - Certified for Comcast XFINITY, Spectrum, Cox and more (Archer CR700)

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Mr Newcomb since I think you live somewhere near Gulfport MS however don't expect you to live in the Landon Place subdivision ....This is a 28 mmWave WISP service... C Spire, Phazr launch 5G service in Mississippi