Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Prepaid and Postpaid Coverage Maps

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score

New Prepaid and Postpaid Coverage Maps

I noticed that AT&T has posted new coverage maps. The Prepaid coverage seems to have grown to include quite a bit of off network roaming.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid7 View Post
    I noticed that AT&T has posted new coverage maps. The Prepaid coverage seems to have grown to include quite a bit of off network roaming.
    I wish they had a good map that shows prepaid data roaming. I know that even last year, if you had postpaid you had very limited roaming amounts you could do. and I assumed no data roaming. Though I would like to be wrong about that

And I can't tell from that map how much is only B14 capable. I'm unlikely to get a B14 phone anytime soon. I now have HD Voice (since Tuesday) and a backup phone on a Verizon MVNO, so I should be set. I'm going to have to start US traveling again, after a couple pricey years Australia in 2017, London in 2018).
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Non LTE native coverage has increased dramatically according to the new map. Previous maps were already overly optimistic, but much closer to reality.

T-Mobile must be creating maps for ATT now.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Non LTE native coverage has increased dramatically according to the new map. Previous maps were already overly optimistic, but much closer to reality.

T-Mobile must be creating maps for ATT now.
    Last November I headed up to Lincoln from Oklahoma for a football game, and went through rural SE Nebraska. Still lots of areas with poor coverage there. Now that I have LTE voice support, I wonder if it is any better.

This part of the country, I don't think any one carrier doesn't have bad spots.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks like we finally have prepaid roaming in eastern Arizona's big coverage hole. That'll be nice for my future road trips!

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSW View Post
    Looks like we finally have prepaid roaming in eastern Arizona's big coverage hole. That'll be nice for my future road trips!
    Coverage is definitely looking improved. Especially with the strategic adding of some roaming support (presumably mostly voice). My $55 ATT unlimited plan (now with HD Voice!) along with VoLTE on a limited minute $15/month plan Verizon MVNO should cover me most places I now plan to go.

I almost left ATT Prepaid last November when I was told VoLTE was imminent. Not as imminent as I was promised, but it came. Along with the $15/month discount on DTVNow that I qualified for when I signed up, and I still get, kind of hold me with ATT. I bet actually porting away would be enough to lose the discount.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the hold in Nebraska was filled in very well. With T-Mobile touting that they have tripled their LTE coverage over the past 3-5 years, and if the merger gets approved T-Mobile and AT&T will be a lot closer in customer count, showing a map like this may be enough to sway some people to choose AT&T's network over T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I can't tell from that map how much is only B14 capable. I'm unlikely to get a B14 phone anytime soon.
    That's a really good point. It would be nice to be able to select a particular device and see coverage for that device.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh, look. They are using Bing.

Anyway, there are still several areas that are labelled "Other AT&T Coverage" that have zero signal when you go there.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post

Anyway, there are still several areas that are labelled "Other AT&T Coverage" that have zero signal when you go there.
    Hmm, could that be why it loads so slowly when zooming in?

And yes, other ATT coverage usually means no coverage unless using a roof mounted directional antenna. Forget getting a signal in a moving car.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSW View Post
    I would certainly take that with a grain of salt. I was in upper east/middle AZ back in Sept (driving from four corners to Paige) and pretty much once we got into AZ we had zero coverage until we hit the Grand Canyon the next day. At the time the map showed coverage in at least Paige, but neither of our phone had prepaid coverage there. It sucked because I was trying to meet up with a friend who just happened to be out there at the same time and we couldn't find each other (though, she did up in one of my photos at horseshoe bend!)

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I see that Verizon has a nice prepaid plan with 15GB of data for less than I'm paying for ATT Prepaid unlimited. But since ATT now has VoLTE for me, I'll just stand pat. If I went through the effort to switch to Verizon, I would want to switch my backup phone to an ATT MVNO, so 2 transactions to go through. And lose my $15/month discount so I would essentially be paying the same as now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid7 View Post
    Pretty optimistic if my travels through Wyoming are any indication. Regardless, their prepaid is a pretty attractive option.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post

Old maps were bing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Just checked out the new map and there are 2 areas that I know I have no coverage that show LTE.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast