Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Prepaid and Postpaid Coverage Maps

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else thrown off just a bit that orange isn't AT&T coverage anymore? I know they've been phasing out the last bits of the Cingular branding, but it seems weird after looking at the maps for years.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Anyone else thrown off just a bit that orange isn't AT&T coverage anymore? I know they've been phasing out the last bits of the Cingular branding, but it seems weird after looking at the maps for years.
    They have worked hard at getting the orange out of their blue I guess orange was too close to red?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The area removed from the Nebraska map is pretty low population. And not on a major highway. The last time I went through that area was a visit in 1997 when I drove from Grand Island to Chadron.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid7 View Post
    For those that are following the ever-changing AT&T maps, they've changed once again! The added off network roaming in northern Nebraska and out west in Utah, Arizona, and Nevada (and Big Bend Park in Texas) has been removed from the pre-pay map (as of 2/12/19). Still some off network in Wyoming and Montana and still lots of "other" at&t coverage. I'm sorry to see them take it away. More concerning though, is that the maps seem to be less and less useful as a representation as to where we can expect actual coverage.
    And the coverage in the Sand Hills area of Nebraska has now been added back. Long trip out of the way to check in person whether there is actually coverage there or not. Planning to head to Nebraska in May, but not into that area of the state.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    And the coverage in the Sand Hills area of Nebraska has now been added back. Long trip out of the way to check in person whether there is actually coverage there or not. Planning to head to Nebraska in May, but not into that area of the state.
    That's very interesting. I also noticed a new prepaid map in my local walmart does not show that coverage in Nebraska. I'd be very interested to hear from anyone that goes through that area with a real world report. The chances of me going to that part of the earth are not very high, but i would like to see accuracy and consistency in at&t maps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wish AT&T (and everyone else) did their coverage maps like Mint Mobile:

https://www.mintmobile.com/coverage/

Drop a pin on the map, and see whether different types of usage will be usable (outside, residential indoors, etc.)
    Last edited by NCTed; 03-02-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Durham, NC

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    I wish AT&T (and everyone else) did their coverage maps like Mint Mobile:

https://www.mintmobile.com/coverage/

Drop a pin on the map, and see whether different types of usage will be usable (outside, residential indoors, etc.)
    That map is sourced from T-Mobile (a lot of their MVNOs use these). I agree that it's nice and shows frequencies!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    That map is sourced from T-Mobile (a lot of their MVNOs use these). I agree that it's nice and shows frequencies!
    Unfortunately for T-Mobile, it shows indoor coverage as good almost nowhere I live, work, or routinely visit. This jibes with what friends and family who have T-Mobile experience, and confirms I would not be happy with the service.

Feedback Score
    What does “other AT&T coverage” on the map mean? It’s green. Would I get 4G/LTE coverage? Is there a limit to using that type of data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone SE & 5S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72 View Post
    What does “other AT&T coverage” on the map mean? It’s green. Would I get 4G/LTE coverage? Is there a limit to using that type of data?

In theory that is AT&T (either native or via partner) HSPA+ "4G" (not LTE) and you should not have any limitations other than whatever is included with your plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72 View Post

In my experience, it means no service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3