Thread: Cloudflare notice

Feedback Score

Cloudflare notice

I searched and found several threads dealing with this, but they're all either closed or very old.

I was getting this notice a couple of months ago, but then it went away. I've been getting it every time now for over a week. It says to allow up to five seconds, but it takes over ten seconds every time I try to open a HoFo forum.

Is it just me or do other people get this notice? Thanks.

Name:  hoefo.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  16.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I searched and found several threads dealing with this, but they're all either closed or very old.

I was getting this notice a couple of months ago, but then it went away. I've been getting it every time now for over a week. It says to allow up to five seconds, but it takes over ten seconds every time I try to open a HoFo forum.

Is it just me or do other people get this notice? Thanks.
    Yes, it started up again a couple of weeks ago. It does not happen every time I load new posts or make a post, just some of the time.

IIRC, they said the reason for it when it started months ago was because the site was getting denial of service attacks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Yes, it started up again a couple of weeks ago. It does not happen every time I load new posts or make a post, just some of the time.

IIRC, they said the reason for it when it started months ago was because the site was getting denial of service attacks.
    I have also been having to put up with it lately. No rime or reason obvious as to when it comes up. In can include moving from one thread to another when looking from":New Posts".

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That happens when attack mode is enabled in CloudFlare due to bot attacks against the site. The inconvenience is necessary to keep the site available during times like this.
    Last edited by frail; 03-25-2019 at 10:26 AM.