Thread: No Wifi calling No Visual Voicemail Iphone 8

Feedback Score

No Wifi calling No Visual Voicemail Iphone 8

Just like to confirm. Support at PP was less than helpful.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You more then likely will not get WiFi Calling. Visual Voicemail should have happen if you have VoLTE. At least with the other users, that is what happening lately. How long ago was your SIM activated?

Feedback Score
    I had an iPhone 5s. Moved it's sim card to my new iPhone 8. So the card was activated maybe 3-4 years ago. Should I see VoLTE displayed as opposed to LTE on the display?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Since you did SIM swap, you might not have VoLTE or even VVM. On the iPhone, it does not say VoLTE as far as I know. You might have to look at this setting: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203078

Plus since you did a SIM swap, you might need to get a new SIM to get some of the options tho. Plus I hope you still have your old phone too because the old phone's IMEI is linked to the SIM.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. When I called PagePlus support they said I didn't need to do anything. Didn't realize that the options were a part of the sim card itself.

Feedback Score
    This is the error message I get

"Cannot Activate LTE Calls. To enable LTE Calls on this account, contact your carrier.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hengy View Post
    This is the error message I get

"Cannot Activate LTE Calls. To enable LTE Calls on this account, contact your carrier.”
    since page plus is part of the tracfone family, try this - https://e911-reg.tracfone.com/wps/po...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    since page plus is part of the tracfone family, try this - https://e911-reg.tracfone.com/wps/po...vZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
    "The information you entered was not found in our system. Please verify the numbers and try again."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You could see if they can send an update to your SIM aka send a new SIM provision. I am not sure if they can tho. You need to have VoLTE at least before the end of the year because Verizon is dropping CDMA starting next year. If you don't have VoLTE at the start of next year, you will not have calls at least.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Verizon network activate VoLTE via SIM provisioning -- something needs to be reprovisioned on your account by Page Plus to enable VoLTE. As far as Visual Voice Mail, it's similar provisioning, but that was available on your previous iPhone too, but I'd ask them to reset both on the account...

Feedback Score
    A couple of things some of which I mentioned in I believe a Tracfone thread that may apply here. And have been confirmed by several PagePlus CSRs (for what that's worth).
    1. PagePlus's system does not support the 611611 text for some of the options. Specifically the text "FOUR". It's suppose to return the
    last 4 digits of your IMEI or SIM. It doesn't; the numbers are incorrect, thats' why when trying to activate the wifi calling the "The information you entered was not found in our system. Please verify the numbers and try again."
    2. PagePlus currently supports VoLTE but no other advanced calling features at this time. I assume WIFI calling and maybe VVM are those features.
    3. PagePlus's system updates the IMEI in their system when you swap SIMs. That's why hengy was told "didn't need to do anything". SIM (actually the phone number on the card) is linked to whatever phone (IMEI) it's currently in.
    4. I don't think there's special provisioning for VoLTE they need to do when activating. If the phones capable, their current SIM supports it. I activated 3 new VoLTE phones and never mentioned VoLTE when doing so. But as has been mentioned, depending how old your SIM is it may not be a VoLTE SIM.

Keep in mind this is what PagePlus told me (for what that's worth...lol) on several occasions and the 611611 text FOUR thing was confirmed bogus with them and their system is showing any of the SIM swaps I've done showing correct phone number current IMEI match.
    I still have my daily carry phone a 3G (none SIM) which I may swap the phone number to one of my new VoLTEs. PP said no problem doing it and nothing will get messed up on my SIM to mess up the VoLTE when they do it. Finger's crossed.

Mine are all Androids and pretty much every forum in here has people with some sort of iPhone activation issues of one sort or another.