Thread: SIM locked message in Pantech Breeze II with Truphone SIM

Carrier(s)
    Pure Talk
    Feedback Score

SIM locked message in Pantech Breeze II with Truphone SIM

I'm going to be overseas briefly and want to use my Truphone SIM in an old Pantech Breeze flip phone mainly for my wife to get in touch with me on my Truphone number. I'll buy a local SIM card for my smartphone for normal use while I'm there.

I've used this same Truphone SIM card in another phone before with no locked message. I think it was one of those ZTE Blackberry wannabes, but I don't remember. The Pantech flip phone is locked to AT&T so I'm wondering if I need an unlocked phone for the Truphone SIM card. I got the phone at a garage sale so I doubt that AT&T will give me an unlock code.

Name:  SIMlocked.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  47.0 KB
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score

SIM locked message in Pantech Breeze II with Truphone SIM

Last year, I unlocked two old Blackberry phones by just submitting a request on an AT&T website. I think I just submitted the IMEI which you can find on the back of the phone (remove the battery). Try googling. I’ll post the URL when I find it again.

EDIT:
    Found it - https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    I'm going to be overseas briefly and want to use my Truphone SIM in an old Pantech Breeze flip phone mainly for my wife to get in touch with me on my Truphone number. I'll buy a local SIM card for my smartphone for normal use while I'm there.

I've used this same Truphone SIM card in another phone before with no locked message. I think it was one of those ZTE Blackberry wannabes, but I don't remember. The Pantech flip phone is locked to AT&T so I'm wondering if I need an unlocked phone for the Truphone SIM card. I got the phone at a garage sale so I doubt that AT&T will give me an unlock code.
    Yes, I believe the phone needs to be unlocked to work with a Truphone SIM.

If the phone was ever eligible for unlocking, even as a non-customer, you will be able to get it unlocked. Use https://www.att.com/deviceunlock .

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000 Pro, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,Piranha,KoKo,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Or it can be unlocked from a hofo or eBay dealer. They send you an unlock code to key in. eBay as little as 99 cents. Search for name of phone and "unlock".

Sent from my BV8000Pro using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post

you should be-able to get an AT&T sim and not have to get your phone
    unlocked after all. it seems Truphone will no longer use T mobile, only AT&T - https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...mobile-in.html

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    you should be-able to get an AT&T sim and not have to get your phone
    unlocked after all. it seems Truphone will no longer use T mobile, only AT&T - https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...mobile-in.html
    TruPhone SIMs are UK SIMs that roam on AT&T in the US. Locked phones check the SIM's MCC (country code) and MNC (network code) and block the use of SIMs with the "wrong" MCC or MNC. Truphone is MCC 234, MNC 25. AT&T is MCC 310, MNC 170 so the AT&T phone needs to be unlocked to use a Truphone SIM.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Carrier(s)
    Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. I submitted the IMEI number and now I wait 24 hours to hear back from AT&T.