Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pix Wireless Verizon/sprint mvno

Feedback Score

Pix Wireless Verizon/sprint mvno

I was looking around for a good price on a Verizon mvno and found Pix wireless. They have several plans but I was most interested in the $20 2 gig lte or the $30 4 gig lte. These prices according to their website are tax included. I was hoping they had a cheap data add on plan in case the 2 gig wasn't enough but they don't. They do offer wifi calling with their plans.
    I was surprised at the $11.99 price for the sim and tried bargaining for a lower price via their chat but no luck. Does anyone have any feedback about Pix Wireless or has anyone come across a better deal on a Verizon mvno?

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I found them last week too and initially put them near the top of my list for alternatives as I am likely to switch off T-Mobile postpaid when my 4GB data promo ends next month.

That was until I saw the price of the SIM, which was a big turnoff since it felt extreme to me and send a negative vibe about other price gouging that night lie ahead.

If we end up putting some lines in Verizon, we might use US Mobile as we don’t need many voice minutes and they have decent pricing too for the design your own plans (only up to 3GB data).

Feedback Score
    Ok going over their plans out of curiosity, never heard of them.

They charge $29.99 for a Global SIM. BUT, BUT then this:
    https://shop.pixwireless.com/products/pix-world-sim

"Sim's sold direct on our website are preloaded with one free year of unlimited global messaging with applications such as WhatsApp, Line, Viber, Wechat, Facebook Messenger and more in 85+ countries. No Wifi or data plan is required. See a list of countries supporting free pix messaging."

Is it even possible to have messaging without WiFi or Data? And do they mean both SMS & MMS?
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, hypersensitive, crass, immoral psychopathic traitor, narcissist liar committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 03.13.19

Feedback Score
    Ok I'm posting multiple times here to break up & discuss the various plans of PIX.

Looking at the Sprint PAYGO plans.
    https://pixwireless.com/activation/yellow/plan
    "Pay as you go with flexible nationwide wireless.
    PAYGO plans never expire and roll over forever.

2¢ PER MIN, 1/2 C ¢ PER TEXT, 2¢ PER MB"

Never expire??? Wow! No mention of a minium usage requirement. And a low minimum load of $5. Plus the outrageous $11.99 SIM.

Feedback Score
    Now PIX's Sprint monthly plans. And they say monthly not 30 says.
    The cheapest if it fits you sounds good.
    https://pixwireless.com/activation/yellow/plan

"All Monthly Plans will last 30 days.
    After you use your LTE data, you’ll have Unlimited 2G data."

Cheapest is $15 UTnT 500MB then unlimited 2G for emails I guess. All PIX offerings are tax included. And the blow up $11.99 SIM to start. Boom! Oops that's another MVNO.

Feedback Score
    Full Stop I might get this next one. If I can swallow the $11.99 SIM, if this VZW & IF I believe in PIX's staying power.
    PIX VZW?? PAYGO same as their Sprint PAYGO.

https://pixwireless.com/activation/silver/plan

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Full Stop I might get this next one. If I can swallow the $11.99 SIM, if this VZW & IF I believe in PIX's staying power.
    PIX VZW?? PAYGO same as their Sprint PAYGO.

https://pixwireless.com/activation/silver/plan

That one is definitely impressive!

EDIT:
    Well, it was impressive based on the info zapjb posted. Unfortunately, that info was incomplete!
    See:
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Be a little careful with their Paygo plans -- there is a $3.99 monthly charge too. Click on any one of the paygo denominations, and look to the right. It will say $X, plus $3.99 monthly access charge.
    Based on that, it is NOT very impressive!
    Last edited by Boz1; 01-28-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Feedback Score
    @Boz1 or anyone.
    What are cheap options (used ok) VZW branded FLIP dumb phone with good stand by time suitable for a Glovebox phone?

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, Pixel2XL, s9+, s8+, Atom, Axon 7, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, att, tmo, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    Ok going over their plans out of curiosity, never heard of them.

They charge $29.99 for a Global SIM. BUT, BUT then this:
    https://shop.pixwireless.com/products/pix-world-sim

"Sim's sold direct on our website are preloaded with one free year of unlimited global messaging with applications such as WhatsApp, Line, Viber, Wechat, Facebook Messenger and more in 85+ countries. No Wifi or data plan is required. See a list of countries supporting free pix messaging."

Is it even possible to have messaging without WiFi or Data? And do they mean both SMS & MMS?
    No SMS or MMS. Just the apps listed. It also says after the first year it costs $15/year. That is one of the reasons that SIM is $29.99.

From the FAQ:
    "PixChat® Free Messaging
    Pix World Sims purchased with the PixChat® Free Messaging promotion will come preloaded with 1 free year of unlimited messaging on the following applications:
    WhatsApp®, Facebook Messenger®, Line®, Viber®, and WeChat®
    No WiFi or Top Up Required. Stay in touch in 90+ countries for free

Ater the first year you can refill for only $15/year.
    --
    CellGuru

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Be a little careful with their Paygo plans -- there is a $3.99 monthly charge too. Click on any one of the paygo denominations, and look to the right. It will say $X, plus $3.99 monthly access charge.

So once you get past a few hundred combined MB and minutes, the $15 500MB plan starts to look better (which itself is a great low use phone since it includes all taxes and fees). The break even point for the monthly plans is a combination of 550 minutes or MB (550 x $0.02 = $11 + 3.99 access = $14.99). To keep the math easy, I ignored texting but it could also be 500 combined minutes/MB + 200 texts, etc...

For the monthly plans, if this company were serious, they'd charge nothing or a nominal amount (say $2) for the SIM if you order a monthly plan online. I think $11.99 is more than double anything else I've seen for a SIM from anyone else.

Oh, and just for the record, this is 4G only -- my 3G Razr ESN doesn't pass (but still passes on the other MVNOs)

Feedback Score
    Thanks HT $4 a month is BS.

Welp that closes out PIX for me.

Done. Next.

Feedback Score
    yeah, I noticed that silver plan a month or two ago, and at first glance was pretty interesting... until I found out about that $3.99/mo fee. I might as well go red pocket $5 plan w/ 100 talk/100 txt/500Mb data

Feedback Score
    The monthly plans are probably the most reasonable I've found for Verizon service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    The monthly plans are probably the most reasonable I've found for Verizon service.
    I agree VZW UTnT + 500MB for $15 per month otd plus unlimited 2G. Don't know any VZW UTnT service near $15.

Feedback Score
    I agree VZW UTnT + 500MB for $15 per month otd plus unlimited 2G. Don't know any VZW UTnT service near $15.
    Well I relented and bought the $11.99 sim. The $30 plan will fit my needs and the wifi and volte calling are a real plus to me.

Sent from my KFSUWI using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast