Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest unlimited talk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, Netgear Nighthawk LTE, iPad Mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cheapest unlimited talk

After looking at devices and buying an ATT based device what is the absolute cheapest unlimited talk plan on AT&T (and maybe T-Mobile if it works) that is not voip based? Don't care about mobile data.. I've searched around and found some good plans but since this will be a home phone replacement for one of my dad's friends I'd like to get some suggestions and see if there is anything I've missed....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You already asked this. Right?
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, hypersensitive, crass, immoral psychopathic traitor, narcissist liar committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 03.13.19

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    You already asked this. Right?
    Nope that was for my house but looking for a friend now but didn't know if there are some plans I've missed in my search

Carrier(s)
    Black Wrls, Page Plus, T-Mobile, Tello, Ting, TRU SIM
    Feedback Score
    AT&T MVNO: At the moment, it seems to be Black Wireless's "KEEP ON!" $20 monthly plan. If purchased on a 12-month basis (probably, actually 360 days), it costs $15/month. A SIM card is included.

I've used B.W. PAYGO on an AT&T ZTE Wireless Home Phone device; it's been fine. I haven't been charged tax on PAYGO refills, but I can't speak for B.W.'s monthly plans.

Feedback Score
    I'd check to see if Sprint's native service works at his house. Hard to beat a few of Sprint's MVNOs for UT&T.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockchuck View Post
    AT&T MVNO: At the moment, it seems to be Black Wireless's "KEEP ON!" $20 monthly plan. If purchased on a 12-month basis (probably, actually 360 days), it costs $15/month. A SIM card is included.

I've used B.W. PAYGO on an AT&T ZTE Wireless Home Phone device; it's been fine. I haven't been charged tax on PAYGO refills, but I can't speak for B.W.'s monthly plans.
    Does the zte wireless home phone support T-Mobile based plans if unlocked? Id be able to do that! Sounds like a good device..

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Does the zte wireless home phone support T-Mobile based plans if unlocked?
    Yes. The AT&T-branded WF720/WF721 W.H.P. accommodates 2G-GSM & 3G-UMTS, so it'll also work on T-Mobile's GSM network. It uses a "standard" mini-SIM (or micro/nano-SIM plus the appropriate adaptor).

The AT&T W.H.P. must be unlocked for use on a network other than AT&T. I've read that it may prove difficult to get the device unlocked by AT&T because it was never a mainstream product offering, thus, those handling the requests may not be able to identify and locate it in the database. I simply bought unlock codes on ebay. Here's a random ebay unlock offer. Look in the description for code entry instructions.

Code entry is simple but a bit eerie: Once it's all been entered, all you hear back is a single, longish confirmation tone, then a disconnect. At this point, the unit reboots and looks for the new (T-Mo) network...this may take a few minutes.

The mobile carriers' home phone units operate in materially the same way, but I've found that AT&T's and Sprint's devices seem to provide better sound quality than Verizon's. (I'm sure that others will disagree!)

One trick to pass on to the user: If the unit times out while dialing (generally because the user's calling an unfamiliar number), continue to dial the entire number, hang up, get a new dial tone and press [Redial]. I also recommend using a display phone (cordless) that stores contacts, so as to show names on incoming calls from family, friends, school, doctor, etc.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes. The AT&T-branded WF720/WF721 W.H.P. accommodates 2G-GSM & 3G-UMTS, so it'll also work on T-Mobile's GSM network. It uses a "standard" mini-SIM (or micro/nano-SIM plus the appropriate adaptor).

The AT&T W.H.P. must be unlocked for use on a network other than AT&T. I've read that it may prove difficult to get the device unlocked by AT&T because it was never a mainstream product offering, thus, those handling the requests may not be able to identify and locate it in the database. I simply bought unlock codes on ebay. Here's a random ebay unlock offer. Look in the description for code entry instructions.

Code entry is simple but a bit eerie: Once it's all been entered, all you hear back is a single, longish confirmation tone, then a disconnect. At this point, the unit reboots and looks for the new (T-Mo) network...this may take a few minutes.

The mobile carriers' home phone units operate in materially the same way, but I've found that AT&T's and Sprint's devices seem to provide better sound quality than Verizon's. (I'm sure that others will disagree!)

One trick to pass on to the user: If the unit times out while dialing (generally because the user's calling an unfamiliar number), continue to dial the entire number, hang up, get a new dial tone and press [Redial]. I also recommend using a display phone (cordless) that stores contacts, so as to show names on incoming calls from family, friends, school, doctor, etc.
    Thanks! Ya the one that's currently being sold on att is what I'm looking at buying (newest one) but I'll buy used... If it works with T-Mobile on 3G i might go with T-Mobile based plan... Don't need data for just making phone calls... What's the cheapest possible unlimited calling plan on T-Mobile? Mint? Or is there another good one?

Feedback Score
    Try cricket.

I think they may still have their $25 talk and text plan with no data.

Feedback Score

Cheapest Unlimited Talk

Thanks for posting that. That would be an excellent plan for my oldest sister. She is on something else tight now and I suspect that she is spending that much, or more, with that MVNO and it isn't unlimited. She doesn't text and doesn't have data. This would be great for her.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! Ya the one that's currently being sold on att is what I'm looking at buying (newest one) but I'll buy used... If it works with T-Mobile on 3G i might go with T-Mobile based plan.
    Just to be sure that there's no confusion: T-Mobile's only remaining pre-LTE technology is 2G (GSM). (The AT&T Wrls. Home Phone does run on either 2G or 3G, though.)

I bought used W.H.P.s several years ago -- one via ebay; another from a thrift shop, probably for $5. If you go the latter route, be sure that the backup battery exists (a replacement is about $20!). The 5-volt power supply has a narrower than usual coaxial plug -- if it's missing, you may have to do some hunting.

Per https://prepaidcompare.net/ the cheapest unltd. voice & text, no data T-mobile plan currently can be found at https://www.usmobile.com/ - $10/mo. plus tax & fees (in my state, mobile tax is approx. 15% - about average). Note that there's been some grumbling of late about US Mobile, partly because the amount of the monthly fee, $2.00, is not plainly disclosed on the firm's website. So, consider "$10" as being $13.50-ish in practice.

Feedback Score
    After looking at devices and buying an ATT based device what is the absolute cheapest unlimited talk plan on AT&T (and maybe T-Mobile if it works) that is not voip based? Don't care about mobile data.. I've searched around and found some good plans but since this will be a home phone replacement for one of my dad's friends I'd like to get some suggestions and see if there is anything I've missed....

https://prepaidcompare.net/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Freeup mobile isn't that an ATT MVNO? Do they offer voip calling only? I'm looking at the $10 plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Freeup mobile isn't that an ATT MVNO? Do they offer voip calling only? I'm looking at the $10 plan

Freeup voice talk and text are cellular, not VOIP. $10 for unlimited talk and text and 200mb data.

FREE 1000 talk/text on ATT signal. Perfect for kids or grandparents who don't need data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Freeup voice talk and text are cellular, not VOIP. $10 for unlimited talk and text and 200mb data.

FREE 1000 talk/text on ATT signal. Perfect for kids or grandparents who don't need data.
    That's great! Might be what I go with!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast