Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Completely FREE wifi calling alternatives to TextNow, any review sites listing them?

Feedback Score
    I use some of the same services as OP.
    H2O is the right price for what you get for low usage reliable voice/text over cellular service. CS is answered by a human.

I also have Page Plus for Verizon coverage when I'm on the road. $10 every 120 days. Have used it 4 years. CS is OK.

Have had Google Voice fpr 5 years. So useful I would actually pay for it. OBI box lets me use the ex landline phones in the house w/ GV.
    Hangouts dialer works fairly well.
    Freedom POP for data. 1 minute of voice is about 1 MB of data. At 2.5c /MB using FP's data is cheaper.

Also have Groove IP. This one is free (w/ ads). Must be used in conjunction with GV. Can receive calls. NO tech support. Breaks up with weak WIFI.
    I used MO+ GV phone for awhile. Good voice quality. Was picky about which phone it would work on. NO tech support

Update: I just installed TextNow on one of my spare phones (the free version) and it seems to work fine. Voice call was clear, no setup issues.
    There's not much info on how to tweak it, but WiFi calling seems fine. Now I'll find out how many ads you have to watch.
    Last edited by dfriz; 02-13-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Is there a company that sells you a non - VOIP number good for a year ,
    I wanted to sign up for something the other day and they would not accept a GV number because it was VOIP ,
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Is there a company that sells you a non - VOIP number good for a year ,
    I wanted to sign up for something the other day and they would not accept a GV number because it was VOIP ,
    Sure. Red Pocket is one. $60 (or less if on sale) for 360 days of service, 100/100/500, via eBay.

There are also paygo plans, such as PagePlus at $10/120 days, or H2O at $10/90 days, but you'd have to add funds every 120 or 90 days for either to last 1 year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3