Thread: byop question

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

byop question

im on metro pcs with the lg k20 plus (mp260) and i just got it unlocked from metro pcs...will i be able use this phone on vzw?? i dont think it has CDMA but has GSM/LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I looked up this phone model, and its missing band 13 from it. Aside from that you might need to get the phone flashed to verizon firmware... I know android firmware's are stuck to the carrier unlike say an apple phone would be. Example i have an unlock g6 play from verizon. I can use it on AT&T or T-Mobile but can't get the VoLTE to show up. If I pop a VZW sim in the VOLTE pops up as an option. You would have to rely on VOLTE as your particular model from metro doesn't support CDMA, which you could use instead of VoLTE. Are you thinking of switching or what's going on
    Verizon LTE

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    I looked up this phone model, and its missing band 13 from it. Aside from that you might need to get the phone flashed to verizon firmware... I know android firmware's are stuck to the carrier unlike say an apple phone would be. Example i have an unlock g6 play from verizon. I can use it on AT&T or T-Mobile but can't get the VoLTE to show up. If I pop a VZW sim in the VOLTE pops up as an option. You would have to rely on VOLTE as your particular model from metro doesn't support CDMA, which you could use instead of VoLTE. Are you thinking of switching or what's going on
    dang yea i was kinda worry about the carrier software but i wasnt sure, thought androids have changed and u can use the features of the phone VOLTE/WIFI calling as long as the phone is unlocked and can take the sim card

i was thinking og getting a apple phone since u can use it on all carriers with out issues but the price is kinda high, thts why i wanted to do android and even my metro pcs phone since its now unlocked but like u said no band 13 so ill have to pass on using my metro pcs phone

also i heard that u must have a vzw iphone for it to work on vzw is this true?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    dang yea i was kinda worry about the carrier software but i wasnt sure, thought androids have changed and u can use the features of the phone VOLTE/WIFI calling as long as the phone is unlocked and can take the sim card

i was thinking og getting a apple phone since u can use it on all carriers with out issues but the price is kinda high, thts why i wanted to do android and even my metro pcs phone since its now unlocked but like u said no band 13 so ill have to pass on using my metro pcs phone

There are several carrier agnostic phones. The Moto G6 is one example - not an expensive phone - ~$200. Mine is not Verizon branded. It will do VoLTE for when CDMA goes away at the end of the year.

Feedback Score
    dang yea i was kinda worry about the carrier software but i wasnt sure, thought androids have changed and u can use the features of the phone VOLTE/WIFI calling as long as the phone is unlocked and can take the sim card i was thinking og getting a apple phone since u can use it on all carriers with out issues but the price is kinda high, thts why i wanted to do android and even my metro pcs phone since its now unlocked but like u said no band 13 so ill have to pass on using my metro pcs phone also i heard that u must have a vzw iphone for it to work on vzw is this true?
    try entering the phones imei - https://www.verizonwireless.com/pros.../#/checkDevice

Feedback Score

Which iPhone are you looking at?

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    There are several carrier agnostic phones. The Moto G6 is one example - not an expensive phone - ~$200. Mine is not Verizon branded. It will do VoLTE for when CDMA goes away at the end of the year.
    yes im switching over to vzw from metro pcs..

im good on motorola, i had the E5 plus and the cam was awful all around and their turbo charge is junk

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Which iPhone are you looking at?
    i guess im looking at the 6s, going try for a 6s plus depending on price etc..

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    If it doesn't do it now, it won't do it later. Verizon has a database of whitelisted IMEI that are allowed to get VoLTE from their server side. It doesn't matter if VoLTE is claimed to be supported by manufacturer technically, if they didn't pay for testing by VZW, to be included in the whitelist database, they won't get VoLTE. Testing has to be done for each major OS upgrade - for example if it was approved for Android 7, it doesn't get automatically approved for Android 8, needs to be re-tested.
    My moto G4 and moto X Pure can do teoreticaly VoLTE, but they don't get it on VZW network. I have other phones Samsung S7Edge and S9, iPhone 6... they do. As a side-note, an iPhone 6S that was T-Mobile previosly, doesn't get VoLTE either.

Ah, and no WiFi calling unless they are branded phones. No big loss in my eyes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Verizon has a database of whitelisted IMEI that are allowed to get VoLTE from their server side. It doesn't matter if VoLTE is claimed to be supported by manufacturer technically, if they didn't pay for testing by VZW, to be included in the whitelist database, they won't get VoLTE.
    That's wrong as I already explained you here https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...2#post17049682

There's been multiple instances when even phones that are not Verizon certified were able to use VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    If it doesn't do it now, it won't do it later. Verizon has a database of whitelisted IMEI that are allowed to get VoLTE from their server side. It doesn't matter if VoLTE is claimed to be supported by manufacturer technically, if they didn't pay for testing by VZW, to be included in the whitelist database, they won't get VoLTE. Testing has to be done for each major OS upgrade - for example if it was approved for Android 7, it doesn't get automatically approved for Android 8, needs to be re-tested.
    My moto G4 and moto X Pure can do teoreticaly VoLTE, but they don't get it on VZW network. I have other phones Samsung S7Edge and S9, iPhone 6... they do. As a side-note, an iPhone 6S that was T-Mobile previosly, doesn't get VoLTE either.

My Moto G6 does VoLTE on Verizon. It is activated with Tracfone.

As far as Wifi calling goes, that is more of a MVNO issue. Tracfone does not get it from Verizon. I think T-Mobile might. I don't care either. I use Google Voice for Wifi calling.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thanks for the links....

sooo if vzw branded phones are the the only phones that can do VOLTE/WIFI calling?

so if i have a ATT iphone thats unlocked i wont be able to use vzw VOLTE/wifi calling??

Feedback Score
    thanks for the links....

sooo if vzw branded phones are the the only phones that can do VOLTE/WIFI calling?
    I have an unlocked phone which I use on Verizon. It works just fine on VOLTE. I don't know anything about wifi calling.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I have an unlocked phone which I use on Verizon. It works just fine on VOLTE. I don't know anything about wifi calling.
    what phone model do u have?

yea VOLTE and wifi calling are the features i need working...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast