Thread: No Carrier Aggregation

Feedback Score

No Carrier Aggregation

I have been using AT&T on an unlimited plan for close to 2 years. I use it for home internet and I have 3 phones on it as well. My home setup is a DIY router running Rooter and my personal phone is an ATT S9. Over the last week or so, neither of the devices have any carrier aggregation. I have rebooted both multiple times, and my phone has been on different towers. Could this be an account issue, or does this imply work being done on towers in the area. I have submitted the issue on the Mark The Spot app twice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrebel30 View Post
    I have been using AT&T on an unlimited plan for close to 2 years. I use it for home internet and I have 3 phones on it as well. My home setup is a DIY router running Rooter and my personal phone is an ATT S9. Over the last week or so, neither of the devices have any carrier aggregation. I have rebooted both multiple times, and my phone has been on different towers. Could this be an account issue, or does this imply work being done on towers in the area. I have submitted the issue on the Mark The Spot app twice.
    Did you try a speed test on your phone? See if I connects during that

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I did try that, thanks for the suggestion. Both devices end up parking on band 2.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I did try that, thanks for the suggestion. Both devices end up parking on band 2.
    Chances are hardware upgrades. How long has it been?

Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 or 6 days. It has happened a couple of times over the last year, but usually only lasts a day or so. Just slows me down tremendously during peak hours.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    5 or 6 days. It has happened a couple of times over the last year, but usually only lasts a day or so. Just slows me down tremendously during peak hours.
    same here..my hotspots locks onto band 2 and the speeds are weak compare to speeds on band 30

also my area was 2xCA but still slow...maybe they are adding 3xCA?..i do know that att network has been kinda crappy around my area for the past 3 years..

what was the speeds u was getting before going to band 2 nd what band was u on the most?

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    same here..my hotspots locks onto band 2 and the speeds are weak compare to speeds on band 30

also my area was 2xCA but still slow...maybe they are adding 3xCA?..i do know that att network has been kinda crappy around my area for the past 3 years..

what was the speeds u was getting before going to band 2 nd what band was u on the most?
    did a speed test while still locked on band 2 i got 16Mbps down and 18Mbps upload...so they deff did updates for band 2 for uploads

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    did a speed test while still locked on band 2 i got 16Mbps down and 18Mbps upload...so they deff did updates for band 2 for uploads
    Faster upload is usually a sign of congestion

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Faster upload is usually a sign of congestion

uploads were around 5Mbps a few weeks ago and slower downloads like 8-10Mbps....hotspot connected to band 4 first time in a lil while and the speeds are now crap lol...im guessing/hoping they are doing some updates...

Feedback Score
    I have used a couple of other people's devices over the last day and none of them were aggregating bands. I have seen it on at least 4 different towers. I'm definitely hoping it's network upgrades, but a week of it seems extreme...

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have used a couple of other people's devices over the last day and none of them were aggregating bands. I have seen it on at least 4 different towers. I'm definitely hoping it's network upgrades, but a week of it seems extreme...
    a week isnt anything...things out my way are taking many many weeks...what state is every one in thats having issues?...in in PA

Feedback Score
    I'm in Northeast MS