Thread: Not enough memory problem Samsung Galaxy Express 3

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question Not enough memory problem Samsung Galaxy Express 3

I have a Samsung Galaxy Express 3. When I try to go to the Gallery it says:

Unable to open app
    There is not enough storage space to open Gallery. Go to My Files, then delete some files.

When I click the link to My Files and from Storage Usage at the bottom it says:

Total: 7.75 GB / 127 GB
    Device storage: 7.63 GB / 8.00 GB
    SD card: 114 MB / 119 GB
    under that it says:
    Images : 37.16 MB Videos : 0.00 B Audio : 0.00 B Documents : 0.00 B Others : 7.71 GB

I click OK and go back to Device storage:
    Download, DCIM, Playlists, Pictures, Movies, Ringtones, Podcasts, Notifications, Music, Alarms, Samsung - all say No files
    Android > data - there are a number of things in there. Should I try to delete them?

then I take this route:

Settings > System > Storage > Internal storage 7.63 GB used of 8.00 GB
    Used space 3.33 GB > Apps 3.33 GB
    Google play music 2.41 GB of Internal storage used
    Google Play services 271 MB of Internal storage used
    Google Play services for Instant Apps 23.33 MB of Internal storage used
    Photos 1.29 MB of Internal storage used
    Gallery 428 KB of Internal storage used

then I scroll down to Cached data and Delete. Then I go back to the Gallery and try again, and get the same message. Can anyone suggest what else to try? How to find out exactly what is and is not on the SD card? How to move all photos and music to the SD card?

Thank you for any help!

David

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is there a setting in the Gallery app for where to store things?

You can move files from Internal storage to SD with a file manager app.

8 GB storage phones are difficult.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    try going to settings - all apps - select each app - click clear data & clear cache then try opening the gallery app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you people for trying to help! I don't understand what you're saying but will copy your advice and take it to work and ask some people who know a lot more about this stuff than I do. I'm still quite new to this type of phone. Got the SD card and thought all photos and music had been set to load on the card specifically trying to avoid the situation I'm now in.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nopeda View Post
    Thank you people for trying to help! I don't understand what you're saying but will copy your advice and take it to work and ask some people who know a lot more about this stuff than I do. I'm still quite new to this type of phone. Got the SD card and thought all photos and music had been set to load on the card specifically trying to avoid the situation I'm now in.
    Quote Originally Posted by nopeda View Post
    Settings > System > Storage > Internal storage 7.63 GB used of 8.00 GB
    This is your problem right here. Internal storage is almost full. Try to uninstall some apps to free up space.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks again to you people for your help. It turned out that what music I have was not on the SD card. A friend had helped me with that and we both thought we had transferred it over months ago, but it turns out it hadn't happened. After transferring it it freed up about 1.5 GB so things are working well again.