Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: I hate Sprint, but this deal is too good to pass up.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    In most areas if you are on Band 26 and it is slow, you should be able to disable it to get onto TMobile.
    How do I disable it?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    How do I disable it?

Same as before:

On my S8 (and probably N9 is the same):

##DATA#

Edit

LTE

Toggle bands

You MUST then exit normally and reboot before this takes effect.

I assume you have Roaming enabled. It should Always be left on. Sprint never charges for Roaming. I think we discussed that enough times.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Same as before:

On my S8 (and probably N9 is the same):

##DATA#

Edit

LTE

Toggle bands

You MUST then exit normally and reboot before this takes effect.

I assume you have Roaming enabled. It should Always be left on. Sprint never charges for Roaming. I think we discussed that enough times.
    Roaming on my device is turned yes. I disabled band 25,26 and 41 and got 3G instead on Sprint. I'm obviously doing something wrong or roaming with T Mobile is not available in my area.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Roaming on my device is turned yes. I disabled band 25,26 and 41 and got 3G instead on Sprint. I'm obviously doing something wrong or roaming with T Mobile is not available in my area.

Isn't that interesting! I do not know why that would be the case unless maybe the factory-unlocked model has not yet been enabled for roaming to the same extent as the branded model. I am afraid that may be the case but, if so, hopefully it will be corrected when updates are made.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Isn't that interesting! I do not know why that would be the case unless maybe the factory-unlocked model is being treated as a second class citizen but I thought I had seen otherwise.
    Quite possibly.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quite possibly.

Yeah I do not think it is intentional but just that it takes Sprint longer to update that model.

I do believe they want that model to have VoLTE reasonably soon (a significant number of technically-advanced Sprint subscribers do prefer the factory unlocked model), and when they do update it, I expect they will catch up on the roaming updates because they will need them.

I gather some updates for that model are currently in beta and some say those do/will bring roaming improvements.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah I do not think it is intentional but just that it takes Sprint longer to update that model.

I do believe they want that model to have VoLTE reasonably soon (a significant number of technically-advanced Sprint subscribers do prefer the factory unlocked model), and when they do update it, I expect they will catch up on the roaming updates because they will need them.

I gather some updates for that model are currently in beta and some say those do/will bring roaming improvements.
    I don't think volte is working on branded Sprint Note 9 on One UI either from what I read on xda. But it was on Oreo for them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't think volte is working on branded Sprint Note 9 on One UI either from what I read on xda. But it was on Oreo for them.

I agree they do not have it yet either. Neither do most Samsung phones yet. But there is no doubt they will have it soon, whether by Oreo or otherwise, probably a whole bunch of them at once any time now. Maybe they are waiting for Oreo to be out on all models.

Hopefully you will have both VoLTE and better roaming once Oreo is out officially on your model. I think that is likely. I gather Oreo is already in beta on that model. I think that should be released in final form before not too long also.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I agree they do not have it yet either. Neither do most Samsung phones yet. But there is no doubt they will have it soon, whether by Oreo or otherwise, probably a whole bunch of them at once any time now. Maybe they are waiting for Oreo to be out on all models.

Hopefully you will have both VoLTE and better roaming once Oreo is out officially on your model. I think that is likely. I gather Oreo is already in beta on that model. I think that should be released in final form before not too long also.
    Yes, One UI pie is beta currently on the U1 model. But the sprint U model it's already released.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, One UI pie is beta currently on the U1 model. But the sprint U model it's already released.

OK I see.

I did see someone who has the beta on the U1 say he thought it had roaming and VoLTE but he was a little vague. Should hopefully be ok.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just disabled bands 25,26 and 41 and tried to update prl after reboot and got this.. then I updated profile and it reverted everything back in the ##data# menu to default.Name:  Screenshot_20190222-192512_Settings.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  21.6 KB

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just disabled bands 25,26 and 41 and tried to update prl after reboot and got this.. then I updated profile and it reverted everything back in the ##data# menu to default.Name:  Screenshot_20190222-192512_Settings.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  21.6 KB

Well you've definitively verified it will not roam on TMobile I guess.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well you've definitively verified it will not roam on TMobile I guess.
    I wonder if flashing the U firmware would make a difference. I think it might. But then again I'm not that eager to find out.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I wonder if flashing the U firmware would make a difference. I think it might. But then again I'm not that eager to find out.

I think it likely would but with Pie just around the corner, and likely to do the same thing, I think I would wait for that.
    (corrected)
    Last edited by comintel; 02-23-2019 at 01:55 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think it likely would but with Oreo just around the corner, and likely to do the same thing, I think I would wait for that.
    You mean Pie right?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast