Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: I hate Sprint, but this deal is too good to pass up.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just changed over from my sprint plan that was ending, to a new free year sprint plan that I started end of march.i ported out to tmobile prepaid for a day and then back to same iPhone I was on all year.

Does it make sense that they are deprioritizing the current free plan so much? The same iPhone just seems so much slower .
    I know hotspot isnt available on new free plan but the speeds are painful at the moment...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    I just changed over from my sprint plan that was ending, to a new free year sprint plan that I started end of march.i ported out to tmobile prepaid for a day and then back to same iPhone I was on all year.

Does it make sense that they are deprioritizing the current free plan so much? The same iPhone just seems so much slower .
    I know hotspot isnt available on new free plan but the speeds are painful at the moment...
    KickStart is deprioritized, but the Free plan never was except after 50 GB. Unless I missed some subtle change in the fine print that occurred recently.

I have not seen any drop in speeds here.

To come to terms with this, you need to start by knowing what band you are on. This is hard on iPhones but you can do it through Engineering screens. I do not have an iPhone but I would suggest you research that. Once you know what band you are on, it will be possible to talk more meaningfully. Otherwise it could just be a matter that you are on a different band due to happenstance. Also what iPhone model and original carrier is it? Some iPhones lack band 41.

Also they are upgrading towers in many areas. When they do this, they have to start the while area at lower power and gradually ramp up power over weeks to adjust power levels and avoid interference. It could just be that.

Did it definitely happen at that exact moment?

Or are you talking about video streaming? That did change. That is not deprioritization -it is just fixed bandwidth for certain video sites..
    Last edited by comintel; 05-13-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    KickStart is deprioritized, but the Free plan never was except after 50 GB. Unless I missed some subtle change in the fine print that occurred recently.

I have not seen any drop in speeds here.

To come to terms with this, you need to start by knowing what band you are on. This is hard on iPhones but you can do it through Engineering screens. I do not have an iPhone but I would suggest you research that. Once you know what band you are on, it will be possible to talk more meaningfully. Otherwise it could just be a matter that you are on a different band due to happenstance. Also what iPhone model and original carrier is it? Some iPhones lack band 41.

Also they are upgrading towers in many areas. When they do this, they have to start the while area at lower power and gradually ramp up power over weeks to adjust power levels and avoid interference. It could just be that.

Did it definitely happen at that exact moment?

Or are you talking about video streaming? That did change. That is not deprioritization -it is just fixed bandwidth for certain video sites..
    Originally a sprint iPhone 6.
    It's not video stream just basic web browsing.
    Did the swap Friday and noticed it on Sunday and Monday. Maybe it's just a temp thing...
    Thx

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is the free year still being offered!?

The New T-Mobile
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Is the free year still being offered!?
    No. The offer ended April 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    It's also the fact that Sprint customers now roam free on T-Mobile.
    THIS IS A TOTAL LIE!

See: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ng-on-iPhone-6
    Sprint Apple iPhone 6 (A1586) on Sprint Post Paid SERO Premium 500 running iOS 12.3.1 with Sprint 36.1 and PRL 55071 and modem firmware 7.70.01 and SIM card version 63.09a

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

I hate Sprint, but this deal is too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    THIS IS A TOTAL LIE!
    You have an ancient phone that won’t even run iOS 13 what did you expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by p6B5Nm5b; 06-13-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

I'm enjoying it here in Raleigh Durham on my S8.
    Wherever I used to get Sprint 3G (inside the grocery store, at the gym), now I get TMobile bands 4 and 2 LTE. My S8 is that favored. It also gets VoLTE great.

If you get it at all, it is free and unlimited (no metering - usage shows as zero under roaming data usage, unlike other Sprint roaming which has a limit).

But some markets, some phones, do not get it. That particular poster with the iPhone 6 has not been able to figure out why. Some Note 9 users do not seem to get it too.

Piles of people all over the country do get it on all sorts of phones including Motos. There are lots of posts on SlickDeals and Reddit..

I have VoLTE working great here too. A HUGE improvement. And this is Raleigh-Durham, a relatively small market.

Among iPhones, iPhone 8 and above is required for VoLTE. It needs a different sim that connects to a different network core.
    Maybe iPhone 6 is disfavored in other ways too (such as roaming) though that is not clear.
    Last edited by comintel; 06-13-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Maybe it doesn’t work on iOS?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Maybe it doesn’t work on iOS?

Many on IOS do get it fine. VoLTE too.

My guess it it is a network routing issue for that particular user at his location.

You will not find many complaints about this issue, or even about VoLTE, on r/Sprint in reddit.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You have an ancient phone that won’t even run iOS 13 what did you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Among iPhones, iPhone 8 and above is required for VoLTE. It needs a different sim that connects to a different network core.
    Maybe iPhone 6 is disfavored in other ways too (such as roaming) though that is not clear.
    Sprint says iPhone 5 and newer is compatible with the T-Mobile coverage and the iPhone 5c/5s and newer is compatible with the Extended LTE roaming on AT&T.

Can anyone confirm it's working on a iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6+,7, 7+ before I do a DFU restore? If it is please post your PRL version.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Sprint says iPhone 5 and newer is compatible with the T-Mobile coverage and the iPhone 5c/5s and newer is compatible with the Extended LTE roaming on AT&T.

Can anyone confirm it's working on a iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6+,7, 7+ before I do a DFU restore? If it is please post your PRL version.

Maybe there is a glitch in roaming in your area or even your area is not eligible for some obscure technical or other reason.
    That seems more likely to me.

Why don't you go to the nearest Sprint store and get some local knowledge as to whether anyone there gets roaming. Usually they know things like that.

If there are no Sprint stores in your entire region, maybe nobody has noticed that it is broken.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The T-Mobile roaming works fine for me. They have only turned it on in certain spots, not across T-Mobile's entire network. My phone will drop to Verizon CDMA to make a call and back to T-Mobile LTE for data.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7