Thread: Slow LTE speeds

Feedback Score

Slow LTE speeds

I have the unlimited $50 plan and using an unlocked moto e4. I am new to this plan and before had the $35/30 3 GB plan with the lg tritbute HD. I don't recall having any speeds below 128 kbps on my old plan.

I am experiencing some really slow LTE speeds mostly during the day from 9 AM to 9 PM. My speeds can slow to 2 kbps which is unusable. After about a half hour it might go back up to about 2.2 mbps which is a really fast speed from my experience. This seems to happen a lot of times during the day.

I am below 35 GB and using LTE on my phone so should not be throttled or de-prioritized.

Does anyone else get slow data speeds like this mostly in the day?

I am assuming the network is just overloaded and there is not much I can do about it. If it was not so slow as to the point of being unusable I would not be upset about it but when it is below 128 kbps I can't use it.
    Last edited by brad4cell; 02-01-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    That sounds like a down tower in your area or some kind of network upgrades are going on. If they are combining the network with T-Mobile's network, that could be why. In my past experience, Boost customer care may know of a tower being down, but may not get updated if there are some network updates in your area. You may want to call Sprint and see if they report any issues.

Feedback Score
    I just started a new month and still slow mostly during the day.

At night I was getting up to 4 Mbps using hotspot.

I used the internet speed monitor app and setup YouTube video at the same time duel screen so can monitor my speed real time like task manager on Windows so now I can see the speed drop when the video stops.

Hopefully it is just a temporary tower issue like you say and they fix it.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    If not, call customer care to complain and see if you can get a free month for the trouble this has caused you.