Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which T-Mobile MVNO Has Unlimited Hotspot Data?

Feedback Score

Which T-Mobile MVNO Has Unlimited Hotspot Data?

I unlocked both of my Netgear hotspots. Which T-Mobile MVNO has unlimited data for use in a hotspot, not a smartphone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I unlocked both of my Netgear hotspots. Which T-Mobile MVNO has unlimited data for use in a hotspot, not a smartphone.
    None. No carrier offers that. That's the perfect way to crash any network

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Don't know of anything that fits the bill on T-Mobile, AT&T, or Sprint. Verizon Prepaid has its unlimited $65 w/ autopay Jetpack plan, though.

GoSmart Mobile, a T-Mobile MVNO, has unlimited data for $55 for phones and allows tethering, however their gimmick is that speeds are limited to "3G Speeds" -- i.e., 1 Mbps in plain English. Don't know if their SIM will be tolerated in a hotspot device.

Feedback Score
    Millenicom offers unlimited LTE on their "Ultimate Plan" with the $25 upcharge, making it $95 a month. About the only option I see anymore. Their site says it doesn't work with hotspots, but I'm sure there's a workaround. I haven't used their service since they were a Verizon MNVO.

https://www.millenicom.com/home/

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    If those are actually ATT hotspots, you might want to look into getting a Mobley or an iPad line. The iPad line at $29.99 is easier to get and maintain and while they have deprioritization it's more or less unlimited. Check the ATT forum for long threads on these.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Pretty sure that their are none. Verizon's prepaid offering for their Jetpack is $65 per month unlimited with no throttling. That's quite a deal. Cheaper than some Xfinity plans with data caps.

I picked up a new Verizon MiFi 8800L for $100 a month ago, but no longer available.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    If those are actually ATT hotspots, you might want to look into getting a Mobley or an iPad line. The iPad line at $29.99 is easier to get and maintain and while they have deprioritization it's more or less unlimited. Check the ATT forum for long threads on these.
    I've seen that they've been cracking down on people buying a Mobley then using the SIM in a hotspot.

I suppose you could power a Mobley with an OBD-II power connection https://www.dhgate.com/product/fcaro...231180108.html but that's a little kludgy. I wonder if the Mobley looks at any of the OBD-II data lines to see if it's actually in a vehicle.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    I've seen that they've been cracking down on people buying a Mobley then using the SIM in a hotspot.

I suppose you could power a Mobley with an OBD-II power connection https://www.dhgate.com/product/fcaro...231180108.html but that's a little kludgy. I wonder if the Mobley looks at any of the OBD-II data lines to see if it's actually in a vehicle.
    Yes. Had seen reports that they are playing games with SIM PIN on Mobleys and while there were workarounds posted, have to agree that it does look like too much trouble. The iPad plan at $10 more is working well in a hotspot.

Feedback Score

I have not seen anything about AT&T cracking down on using a Mobley SIM in a different hotspot device. They did do an OTA update to the Mobley devices that puts an unknown PIN on the SIM. The PIN is easy to remove with the PUK codes that they will provide.

The Mobley only connects to 12 Volt power on the OBD port.

I am not speculating. I have a Mobley, an OBD cable to power it outside the car, and a Velocity hotspot. They all work fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    Yes. Had seen reports that they are playing games with SIM PIN on Mobleys and while there were workarounds posted, have to agree that it does look like too much trouble. The iPad plan at $10 more is working well in a hotspot.
    It's not much trouble. You contact AT&T for the PUK codes, put the SIM in a hotspot and use the PUK codes to remove the unknown PIN and set you own. It takes about 10 minutes, most of that chatting with AT&T for the PUK codes.

Feedback Score
    From https://prepaidcompare.net/ ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    That chart is incorrect. Simple Mobile does not appear to have any plans with unlimited hotspot data.
    Teltik has one plan with unlimited hotspot data, but it is not LTE data.

For unlimited high speed data the options appear to be using the AT&T Mobley or tablet plans, or the Verizon prepaid hotspot plan.

Feedback Score
    That chart is incorrect. Simple Mobile does not appear to have any plans with unlimited hotspot data.

For unlimited high speed data the options appear to be using the AT&T Mobley or tablet plans, or the Verizon prepaid hotspot plan.
    ... just trying to help and share a resource ...

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score

The screenshot is from my site. Thanks for posting it, steiny180. What it is showing is plans with 32 GB or more of high speed data that also allow the use of at least some of that data for hotspot. The Simple mobile plan allows 10 GB of hotspot. All three listed Teltik plans allow "unlimited" hotspot at 256 or 512 kbs. If you are on my site and you click on each plan's row you will see those details along with other perks and gotchas.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    The screenshot is from my site. Thanks for posting it, steiny180. What it is showing is plans with 32 GB or more of high speed data that also allow the use of at least some of that data for hotspot. The Simple mobile plan allows 10 GB of hotspot. All three listed Teltik plans allow "unlimited" hotspot at 256 or 512 kbs. If you are on my site and you click on each plan's row you will see those details along with other perks and gotchas.
    I went looking for my Total Wireless Plan which is 3 lines with 20GB for $85 per month (actually it turns out to be 30GB for $81 per month). The closest thing that shows up is 3 lines with 25GB for $150. I think that the site a) doesn't take into account family plans, and b) it's data per line, not data provided to all the lines together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast