Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Data Overpriced

Feedback Score
    Thank you steiny, I never thought of that!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    Reduce data to $5.00 for 1gb or run the risk of lost customers. That's the bottom line here. MintMobile is already poaching TF customers at a high rate.
    Where are you getting your information from? and mint and TracFone have completely different markets, oh and let's just act like Verizon and T-Mobile coverage are equivalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That screenshot was posted by another member. The add-on offers seem to vary from customer to customer.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Reduce data to $5.00 for 1gb or run the risk of lost customers. That's the bottom line here. MintMobile is already poaching TF customers at a high rate.
    You're just saying stuff....

Feedback Score
    Does anyone believe or have inside knowledge that TF will be reducing their data price for 1GB down from $10.00. I can get 3gb's for $15.00 a month with Mint which I currently have a test line with them, all good so far.
    Wow,you're comparing 30 day chunks of data to the TracFone rollover/accumulation system, TF Verizon to Mint T-Mobile... Safe to say you've never ran a business, or managed one.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone believe or have inside knowledge that TF will be reducing their data price for 1GB down from $10.00. I can get 3gb's for $15.00 a month with Mint which I currently have a test line with them, all good so far.
    Total Wireless is $2/GB ($10/5GB) if you go over your limit. This is a very good price for Verizon data. Surprising that Tracfone, owned by the same parent company, is 5x the cost.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    The Mint plan I'm considering is $180 per yr unlimited talk text 3gb. That's $15 per month.

Do the balances rollover?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Highly unlikely that Mint is poaching any AT&T or Verizon Tracfone customers. It is a good deal for T-Mobile, if you can live with mediocre coverage. Where is the data showing that Mint is taking customers from Tracfone?

América Móvil has other brands besides Tracfone that offer data at lower rates. The best deal I found for a Verizon MVNO is América Móvil's Total Wireless service. 4 lines, sharing 37.5GB of data, on Verizon, for $95, with extra data at $10 for 5GB. Four 8GB Mint Mobile lines would be $80 per month. Is that $15 per month savings worth it to be stuck on T-Mobile's network with non-existent coverage in so many places outside urban areas?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Wow,you're comparing 30 day chunks of data to the TracFone rollover/accumulation system, TF Verizon to Mint T-Mobile... Safe to say you've never ran a business, or managed one.
    LOL. Anyone going from Tracfone/Verizon to Mint/T-Mobile should carefully consider the ramifications of such a change. It might be fine if you live in an urban area and never leave, but you would not want to be on T-Mobile if you do any kind of traveling to, or through, more rural areas.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Mint plan I'm considering is $180 per yr unlimited talk text 3gb. That's $15 per month.

Wait for the next eBay 15% off sale and buy this https://www.ebay.com/itm/132310276900 for $229*0.85=$194.65. $16.22 per month on Verizon. But 2GB, not 3GB of data.

T-Mobile may seem fine at first, when using it at home in a suburban or urban area, but if you ever travel outside those areas you'll be unhappy with Mint.

Comparing wireless services solely by the monthly cost is a very bad idea.

Feedback Score
    Nice job boys, stick up for the Mexican Billionaire.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    Total Wireless is $2/GB ($10/5GB) if you go over your limit. This is a very good price for Verizon data. Surprising that Tracfone, owned by the same parent company, is 5x the cost.
    But Total Wireless requires a minimum $35/mo + taxes/fees in order to buy the $10/5GB add-on data. That's a costly commitment just to get lower-priced add-on data!

Device(s)
    LG Fiesta 2, Samsung J3 Sky, Core Prime
    Carrier(s)
    GV, TF, TW (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    But Total Wireless requires a minimum $35/mo + taxes/fees in order to buy the $10/5GB add-on data. That's a costly commitment just to get lower-priced add-on data!
    Actually, the $25/mo card is all that's required.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Nice job boys, stick up for the Mexican Billionaire.
    No one is preventing the carriers from coming out with prepaid (or postpaid) offerings that stop people from going to Carlos.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If I had T-Mobile coverage here, I would switch, but Verizon based service is still the best for me here tho.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not familiar with Total Wireless plans or how it works so I may be making assumptions. I don't use much data, I keep it shut off 95% of the time and use Wi-Fi when possible and I'm not a heavy smartphone user so Tracfone works really great for me.

But if I was using Total Wireless, I would need to spend $35 a month or someone said $25 a month which comes to $300 or $420 a year to even get the option of a $10 5GB card? Is that right? Is that what people are spending?

I can get a new samsung tracfone off HSN with 1500 minutes, text and 1.5GB data, with a phone that costs $99 in many places, for $99, making the 1 year service and minutes etc basically free. (And if the phone is defective and you return your costs might even be cheaper)

So my start cost for service time and minutes etc for the year etc is $0 with TF versus $300 with TW to even have the option to buy data. So I buy lets say 10gb data for $100 over the year period which I would never do. I'm still only spending $100 versus total wireless $300 + the data you buy.

For someone like me who is a lite smartphone user and minimizes use of data.. total wireless makes absolutely no sense.. Extremely expensive even with their $10 5gb cards.

Without the hsn deal, I believe I could get a years service for $50, put a $35 card on it, have 750 minutes, 1000 text and 1 gb data plus another 2 months of service for $85. That's even cheaper than getting the phone deal.

As far as I can see, anyway you slice it, Tracfone, especially for the light smartphone user, destroys total wireless price wise.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast