Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Data Overpriced

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yes Tracfone is for light usesers it's the best for them or poor people who can't afford more than 12.50$ a month. If your poor you really got to budget your buckets I'd buy a data card every month and 25$ every other month for airtime and minutes so it sucks if your poor and I can't get a life line phone because my address already has one

Sent from my Lg Phoenix 4 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    What a stupid and ignorant comment! That kind of comment comes from somebody that has just enough to get by and thinks they're big stuff because they have just enough money to waste it!

I'd guess that the vast majority that use low-cost cellular services do it because it's a challenge and/or because they just hate paying more than necessary, not because they can't!
    I only have 70 bucks a month and 45$ goes toward ciggaretts so I'm poor. I can't afford anything more

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rain View Post
    Actually, the $25/mo card is all that's required.
    You're right! I forgot about that! But still, ~$300/year just to buy data at $10/5GB.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgator View Post
    Total Wireless service. 4 lines, sharing 37.5GB of data, on Verizon, for $95
    Where did you see 37.5 GB?
    edit: found it's still in the plan details.
    Before it was advertised well.
    Still only applies to new port-ins from outside TF companies and will probably go away in April.

Thee was a promotion with 50% extra data for new port-ins (not from other TF companies). One online site says it was extended til end of March but I don't see it on the site.

I see the newish single line options, 30 day 25GB for $50 (recently bumped up from 15GB) or 90 day 15GB for $90 ($15 discount vs 5GB plan w/o autopay)

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif Ormsbee View Post
    I only have 70 bucks a month and 45$ goes toward ciggaretts so I'm poor. I can't afford anything more
    Sounds like you've got your priorities straight .

I'm not poor by any definition, but I grew up in a poor family and just learned not to spend any more money than I NEED to. That's why I use Tracfone, and I'm happy with it, despite all its "warts".

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I have everthing I need food shelter heat water so all priorities are met and my grandpa is partially paralyzed so I need a phone so he can get a hold of me so it's a priority and I can only afford TF.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    As far as I can see, anyway you slice it, Tracfone, especially for the light smartphone user, destroys total wireless price wise.
    Only for the very light users.

Where TW shines is the multi-line shared data plans (other VZW MVNOs don't even offer them), though the single line plan is competitive for Verizon's network.

But it does show that TF could offer better addin data pricing. It's been quite a while since they changed data or text addon prices.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I suppose. The $35 plan - which I think is the same as the $25 data less plan if you bought 5GB data for $10 since $35 plan is unlimited text and voice with 5GB data... is way more data than I could use in a month. I think 5GB would do me the whole year. I wouldn't need to add the $10 card to it. It's just way more than I need. I imagine it doesn't roll over?

I guess if you have a need for multiple lines sure - 30 days, 4 lines, 25gb data for $95. So that is $23 each for unlimited talk text and 6.25 GB data each (well, shared so someone could use more I guess) i think plus tax etc.

I would love it the TF data was cheaper.. you can get it for $8 actually now, and with a promo code you can get 1.5GB for $8, but I guess i must really be a light user because 5 is way more than i need in a month. I use wifi most of the time. I love that the overall cost for TF is so low compared to others with my use. Sometimes you can get promo codes for free 1gb data when adding service/minutes as well...

And I'm probably using my smartphone more than I ever have. I do keep the data locked down.. I don't use VVM or let my data stay on. I use data only when I have to (no safe wifi avail) and need it.
    Last edited by tomseys; 02-05-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Feedback Score
    Mint is an American Owned Company with 2 offices LA & NYC. Buy American build that wall.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Since Mexico is paying for the wall, it`s only right that we buy Mexican.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif Ormsbee View Post
    45$ goes toward ciggaretts so I'm poor. I can't afford anything more
    Lots of options. Cheapest is quit.

You can still get good rolling tobacco for under $15/lb. That'd last you a few months with $5 worth of papers. Or inject tubes at $2-3/carton and that's 2-3 cartons from a pound.

Or vape for even less. Mix you own liquid pennies a day) and buy imported coils/make you own. You could spend less than $5/mo.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Since Mexico is paying for the wall, it`s only right that we buy Mexican.
    too funny.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Lots of options. Cheapest is quit.

You can still get good rolling tobacco for under $15/lb. That'd last you a few months with $5 worth of papers. Or inject tubes at $2-3/carton and that's 2-3 cartons from a pound.

Or vape for even less. Mix you own liquid pennies a day) and buy imported coils/make you own. You could spend less than $5/mo.
    Do roll my own a and thats 2 bags of tobacco and tubes I tried quitting get angry after 2 or so days and tried vaping it's not strong enough thanks though

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    Mint is an American Owned Company with 2 offices LA & NYC. Buy American build that wall.
    TF is a US company. Slim bought it but most of the money stays in the US.

Even then, last quarter reported (3Q18) TF was 125 million out of 1874 million for AM, a whopping 6.7% of earnings (before interest and taxes).

TF is not a big money maker for AM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Bottom line, TF the service is sticking it to their customers when every other TF Inc sub is charging much less per GB.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast