Thread: Cricket Android choices / port in

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 +
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Cricket Android choices / port in

So the GF's mom needs a new Android phone. I'm a longtime iPhone user, so I'm pretty clueless on Androids.

Prefer to get a phone for $100 or less, or I may buy a eBay T-Mobile line to port in to get the phone discount, assuming this still works?

Which of these phones do you prefer? Looking at the Cricket reviews, it looks like the e5 Cruise may be the way to go on the cheap, or maybe it's worth the extra money to get the Motorola moto e5 Supra?

LG Stylo 3 (upgrade price/act. fee $60+25)

LG Fortune 2 (50+25)

LG X charge (70+25)

ZTE Overture 3 (20+25)

Motorola moto e5 Cruise (40+25)

Motorola moto e5 Supra (149+25)

TIA for the responses

Feedback Score
    Sounds like she's not picky so I'd go for the XCharge because of the crazy good battery life. I think I have the same phone laying around but it's called the Fiesta. Battery is amazing!!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 G930U (US Unlocked) Gold
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Another option ... check out the unlocked Motorola phones at bestbuy.com or any other branded unlocked phones. If you buy a Cricket sim for $9.99 + a Cricket refill card ($25 & up), you get $50 off the phone. The sim will most likely be a loss, b/c Best Buy is notorious for not activating them or something like that, so it will be like getting $40 off the phone. Apply the Cricket refill to your account. For example you can get a Moto X4 with 32 gb internal memory for $139.99 after the $50 discount. This phone will be more powerful than any Cricket is offering at that price & will last for many years.

Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app
    Phones used - *Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989* *Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317* *Blu Studio 5.0 C HD* *Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870* *Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900* *Moto X Pure Edition* *Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910C* *Samsung Galaxy S7 G930U*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMMC View Post
    Another option ... check out the unlocked Motorola phones at bestbuy.com or any other branded unlocked phones. If you buy a Cricket sim for $9.99 + a Cricket refill card ($25 & up), you get $50 off the phone. The sim will most likely be a loss, b/c Best Buy is notorious for not activating them or something like that, so it will be like getting $40 off the phone. Apply the Cricket refill to your account. For example you can get a Moto X4 with 32 gb internal memory for $139.99 after the $50 discount. This phone will be more powerful than any Cricket is offering at that price & will last for many years.

Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app
    Great suggestion!!! Any of the unlocked Motos at Bestbuy are a pretty good deal right now. Nice that they can be used on any US carrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 +
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input! I'm definitely going to research these options

Feedback Score
    I haven't heard anything about porting in a number not working. If you're not trying to keep a grandfathered plan, I'd buy a T-Mobile SIM on eBay, port in as an additional line, slip the SIM from her existing phone in to the new one, and let the new line sit unactivated. Reportedly, the $ you pay for the first month of service on the new line will eventually migrate to your account as a credit after a period of time.

If she's ok with the larger size, the Stylo 3 would be a good option for the price. The e5 Cruise should be a good option for a smaller footprint. It all depends on how she's using it.