Thread: Moto Z2 Force unlock issue

Feedback Score

Moto Z2 Force unlock issue

Last year, I bought a Moto Z2 Force from BB. It was an outright purchase but on Sprint Network. I understand I can get the phone unlocked after 50 days of Post Paid service?

Is it possible to get the phone unlocked while I still have sprint service running on the phone? When I called to get the phone unlocked, the customer service told me that I have to terminate the service first?

When I checked the imei on a gsm mvno site, it showed my phone is eligible for service.

How does this sprint phone unlocking works?

Feedback Score
    There may have been some miscommunication.
    The unlock needs to be done while it is still on Sprint.
    Yes, you can unlock after 50 days of postpaid service.
    You just call.
    Is there more to it than you posted? Is it currently on a Sprint MVNO?

Feedback Score
    It is on Sprint 1 yr BYOD plan.
    Once unlocked, will I be able to use it on GSM network?
    I believe all moto phones work both on gsm and cdma network?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfx View Post
    It is on Sprint 1 yr BYOD plan.
    Once unlocked, will I be able to use it on GSM network?
    I believe all moto phones work both on gsm and cdma network?

Yes you can request it be unlocked after 50 days service and then you can use it on GSM carriers.

People have done so for that phone.

You MUST make the request and complete it while it is still on the service.

Unlock requests are handled ONLY by the "Cancellations department" ("Account Services") by phone only. I guess that's where the confusion came in. But you would not be cancelling service as such.
    Last edited by comintel; 02-06-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your valuable info. This was my 3rd call in the last two months and finally I got a case number for unlocking.
    She tried to offer bye one get one free on lease and other upsells. And offered 4 more months of free service.
    I told her getting phone unlocked does not mean leaving service, I am just leaving the device.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfx View Post
    Thanks for your valuable info. This was my 3rd call in the last two months and finally I got a case number for unlocking.
    She tried to offer bye one get one free on lease and other upsells. And offered 4 more months of free service.
    I told her getting phone unlocked does not mean leaving service, I am just leaving the device.
    That confirms that you got through to the right department this time.

Unlocks are done only by the cancellations department as they figure you are thinking about leaving if you are unlocking the phone. So they give you some retention offers to try to head that off.

Feedback Score
    I can't believe I wrote bye instead of buy.
    Anyways, thanks comintel!