Thread: Att prepaid refill

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Att prepaid refill

I have the $55 after autopay prepaid with att. Is there a way to use callingmart to avoid taxes and if so how?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Target (and occasionally Krogers!) has 10% off (sometimes only 5%) sales (plus another 5% if you have RedCard). Target is fee/tax-free, I'm not sure about Krogers.
    Never used callingmart myself but, yes, you can. Someone else will have to chime in.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Feedback Score
    Yes, I've been using Callingmart for several years - very reputable and good customer service. They frequently have sales with 5% off and sometimes %10 off and NO taxes. You may purchases PINS or have them add the amount directly to your phone account. I've done both without any issues. Check out their site. There is frequent discussion about them on the AT&T Prepaid forum.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    My understanding is that you would add, or if you have autopay, have the CallingMart PINs added a couple of days before the renewal date, then AT&T will take the autopay out of the balance first and only hit your credit card for anything not already in the account.

Note that the amounts in the account are deemed to have already been taxed so if the balance is sufficient, there are no additional taxes due.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    So is this correct. My att bill is $55+tax. I can buy the $55 RTR from callingmart, $53.90 after discount, they add it to my balance over at att, and that's the total I would be paying, $53.90 for the att prepaid service? How much is the autopay discount from callingmart?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JTB69 View Post
    So is this correct. My att bill is $55+tax. I can buy the $55 RTR from callingmart, $53.90 after discount, they add it to my balance over at att, and that's the total I would be paying, $53.90 for the att prepaid service? How much is the autopay discount from callingmart?
    Yes, that is correct. I'm not certain what the autopay discount is as I don't use it.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    There is no fixed additional discount for auto-refill, but they will automatically apply the best available coupon code as of the date of each automatic refill. So, for example, if your scheduled refill is today, the Valentine's coupon is available for 5% off (vs. the standard 2% off), you'd get the 5% off this month's refill.

Of course if your scheduled refill hits at a time when there is no other coupon, you'd get the standard 2% off...

If you have the time/patience to prepay for a few months at a time, you could always just manually buy multiple PINs on quarterly basis when there is a 5% coupon, and apply them to your account one or two at a time. Then AT&T would just automatically renew your plan each month and use the PIN.

Just remember the usual Go Phone rule that the existing balance of any PINs added to the account expire 90 days AFTER BEING ADDED, though the $100 PIN is valid for a year (so if making multi-month purchases, I would use one of these each year for simplicity). So if you are going to take this approach of multi-month purchases, add a $100 PIN in the mix at least once/year.

For example: If you buy 4 of the $55 PINs, don't add them all to that account at once, or one or two will expire before your last renewal date. If you add the first 2 now, and the 3rd and 4th PINs after 2 months, the expiration will be 90 days from the dated ADDED to the account. Crazy stupid if you ask me, but those are AT&T's long standing rules that date back to the pay-as-you-go days...

Alternatively, you could buy a $100 PIN and make your expiration a year from now -- then any other PINs added will have that same expiration date because 90 days from the dated added is before the existing expiration date. Once you're within 90 days of your balance expiration date, any non-$100 PINs added would push the date out 90 days from the date added (and of course a new $100 PIN would push it out a year from the date added).

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: You only have one expiration date for your whole balance -- so if you for some reason add too many PINs, you can always add a small dollar PIN before expiration to push the expiration date out for the whole balance to 90 days from the date added.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. So if I have a $65 sim with a month of service on it, can I go into my account and just switch sims and have that balance for next month?