Thread: When CDMA shuts down, will CDMA roaming go with it immediately?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

When CDMA shuts down, will CDMA roaming go with it immediately?

When Verizon turns off their CDMA network, will all the CDMA roaming with carriers like US Cellular go away immediately, or will they slowly fade out after the Verizon shutdown?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vanko987 View Post
    When Verizon turns off their CDMA network, will all the CDMA roaming with carriers like US Cellular go away immediately, or will they slowly fade out after the Verizon shutdown?
    Other carriers have nothing to do with VZW. Other than needing LTE roaming which uscc has on Sprint

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Other carriers have nothing to do with VZW. Other than needing LTE roaming which uscc has on Sprint

I was asking more if Verizon customers would still be able to roam on other carrier’s CDMA networks, even when our own CDMA network shuts down. Sorry if my wording was confusing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vanko987 View Post
    I was asking more if Verizon customers would still be able to roam on other carrier’s CDMA networks, even when our own CDMA network shuts down. Sorry if my wording was confusing.
    Oh got ya. Vzw does roam ontos Sprints. Onto uscc that I don't know. VZW has so much LTE that I'm sure they will fill them into to match CDMA before shutting it down. CDMA is Dieing. That's why cspire is against the Sprint TMobile merger cause at some point Sprint CDMA will be shut down. TMO said 1x800 will stay for 3 years or so while the PCS part will be all LTE. Cspire doesn't wanna do VoLTE for some dumb reason leaving them as the only one without it. Hope Sprint can force it.

Feedback Score
    2G networks are dying. For now GSM (AT&T), follows shortly CDMA (Verizon)... the rest of networks will follow, the technology doesn't wait.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    2G networks are dying. For now GSM (AT&T), follows shortly CDMA (Verizon)... the rest of networks will follow, the technology doesn't wait.
    I think Tmobiles 2G shutdown is on 2020. However that doesn't mean they can move the spectrum over to LTE as some of it is still on HSPA+