Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First wifi call with GV earns 5 stars

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yeah, THAT'S annoying. Sometimes I don't hear any rings at all before the call is answered.
    That just happened to me for the first time. Strange.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In some ways I want to play more with the Wi-Fi calling, but last I checked, unfortunately the Screen Call feature isn't compatible with Wi-Fi calling, so I'm keeping incoming calls on cellular voice for the time being.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had to read up on what screen calling is. I think it's a great idea but ultimately seems like it will waste more time. Rather than looking at your phone once and deciding to answer or not, you have to wait to hear the responses/transcripts the caller leaves. I rather just hit the answer or ignore button once and be done with it. Most spam calls are intercepted before the phone rings using nomorobo and callcentric's spam control. It's not an ideal solution. Some robo calls still get through but does work for the most part.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    I had to read up on what screen calling is. I think it's a great idea but ultimately seems like it will waste more time. Rather than looking at your phone once and deciding to answer or not, you have to wait to hear the responses/transcripts the caller leaves. I rather just hit the answer or ignore button once and be done with it. Most spam calls are intercepted before the phone rings using nomorobo and callcentric's spam control. It's not an ideal solution. Some robo calls still get through but does work for the most part.
    A lot of them are caught, but a lot still aren't, and now that I've been using it for a while, I much prefer it over letting the call go to voicemail. For the occasional real call, I can answer instead of having to call them back, and for actual spam, I no longer get 1-3 second voicemails that I then have to at least acknowledge. I thought it was interesting when I first read about it, but now I love it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just let Google Voice handle the telemarketer and spam calls for my 3 GV #s by having "Filter spam - Calls, messages, and voicemail " enabled in Settings.

But it may be like so many things in the Googleverse...it might just work better for my GV #s than for others for no apparent reason.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I just let Google Voice handle the telemarketer and spam calls for my 3 GV #s by having "Filter spam - Calls, messages, and voicemail " enabled in Settings.

But it may be like so many things in the Googleverse...it might just work better for my GV #s than for others for no apparent reason.
    It blocks a majority of them for me too, but a lot still gets through too (especially the ones that use constantly changes numbers).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3